Accutron 2362 Explorer - Page 2

Winner of the Bulova-Accutron-Caravelle Masthead Contest
AWF_01_1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Accutron 2362 Explorer

My Watchbox

T2 I like those seiko hands. I'll prob try to stick with bulova hands as I'm nervous enough when putting sweep hands on an accutron, trial and error fitting I would prob destroy an index wheel. I'm going to check the hole sizes on those seikos.
    Anyone know if hands for some bulova mechanical mvts are the same hole sizes as 214? I'm sure this has been discussed previously...

These are all cool choices guys

My Watchbox

Interesting...
    Attached Images
    tayloreuph likes this.

My Watchbox

I wonder if HAN-6001 will work. The hole size is small, so perhaps the holes could be bored out some to fit. The length looks pretty good. Im sure others will chime in with some good ideas though: http://www.ofrei.com/page577.html

My Watchbox

How about this?
    Dang if the lume on these hand didn't match, repainted the black centers and the red sweep. Had them in a tin full of bits... Anyone know what model they're from? I think 218 something? Put on a nice Forstner bracelet.
    Attached Images
    oliverb, Chromspec, Humbug and 3 others like this.

WTF Full Member

My Watchbox

Please sir, can I have some more! Wow, that case-back looks sweet!! You are the caseback whisperer. Looks NIB to my eye. Finish it soon.

I have a soft-spot for turtle cases.

My Watchbox

Quote Originally Posted by Stu3 View Post
    Please sir, can I have some more! Wow, that case-back looks sweet!! You are the caseback whisperer. Looks NIB to my eye. Finish it soon.

I have a soft-spot for turtle cases.
    Thanks Stu, turtles are cool. I wish I'd taken before pics, the caseback was buggered from somebody with a dremel removing an inscription. I think they used an abrasive wheel, it wasn't too bad but after buffing the sides I used 400 grit wet or dry sandpaper glued to a paint stick to carefully work it out, just hand work. 400 grit seems to best match the factory graining.

WTF Full Member

My Watchbox

That looks awesome!! Rock it just like that! The hands look like the ones on my 214 Flying Saucer (blue face and blue hands) except the blue in the hands was replaced with lume. I love the cone hand too. You have chosen...wisely...

WTF Full Member

My Watchbox

This is an interesting idea....there are enough 214 movements and cases in the world to outlive any of us here. Seems like crude oil...we keep finding more every day in the most unlikely places. Making a franken watch out of 214 movement to make something unique is really a cool idea. Like a restomod car sort of....make it your own....improve on something and yet keep some of the original design. Use some Seiko diver hands chopped and modded for a 214? Sure! Maybe some Rolex mercedes hands with some really fresh lume that lasts for hours...why not?

My Watchbox

Stu3, I agree. There are some great mod ideas for the dial. I didn't realize how hard it is to source hands with proper hole sizes and lengths. Some are close, like the offrei hands, but not exact which I imagine can be problematic. Seiko seems to have a lot of mercedes hands on ebay but the sellers don't give you exact measurements, so I haven't been able to recommend any. The best bet is a set of 214 hands, but the options are kind of limited. What might look pretty cool are these deep sea hands if they are re-lumed to the color on the dial.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information