The Watch Box Feature is a fantastic feature which provides a number of useful features and benefits to members of our community.

On the left hand side of this post, you'll see my User Profile which appears with every post in every thread on WATCH TALK FORUMS. Under my post count, you'll see the following three blue links:

My Watch Box
My Watch Wish List
Previously Owned

Click on any of these links, and thumbnails of watches from each category will appear. Anytime you see a post on WTF where the user has these links, you can view the watches they've placed in their virtual Watch Box, in each of the categories. Likewise, once you have your Watch Box set up, any user will be able to your watches too!

To add watches to your Watch Box, just click on "Settings" which is in the blue bar menu at the top of the screen, and then click on "User Settings":

Along the left hand side of the User Settings, you will see menu headings for "My Current Collection," "My Previous Collection," and "My Wish list." Each of these has the same two menu options: Manage and Add.

So for example, if you wish to add a watch to your Current Collection Watch Box, simply click on "Add My Watch Box" which is found under the "My Current Collection" heading. Later if you wish to modify or make changes, you'd click on the "Manage Current Collection" selection. Since this is your first time using this feature, let's add a watch to your current collection - go ahead and click on "Add My Watch Box." NOTE: It is suggested you keep this instructional guide open in one browser window, while having a 2nd browser window open to perform the tasks.

In the "Add" screen there are five fields in which you can enter information (NOTE: the proceedure for adding watches is the exact same for each of the three Watch Box categories of My Watch Box, Previously Owned, and Wish List).

1. Watch Name: Enter the name of the watch your adding to the watch box in this field. Note that the default text in the field is "Enter Watch Name" which you can delete.

2. Brand: Enter the brand of the watch you're adding to your Watch Box. Eamples: Rolex, Omega, etc.
3. Model: Enter the model name of the watch you're adding to your Watch Box. Examples: Submariner, Speedmaster, etc.
4. Model Number: Enter the model number of the watch you're adding to your Watch Box. Examples: 16610, 8926, etc.
5. Notes: You can enter anything here you'd like such as why you bought the watch, why you like it, etc.

Once you've entered the above information, simply click on "Add Image" to upload a photograph of the watch you're adding to your Watch Box. Note: Make sure you use photos which you took yourself, or photos you've obtained permission to use from the copyright owner. Manufacturer "stock photography" is acceptable as well (since it's released to the general public for promotional purposes). Once you've completed entering the information and uploading the photograph, simply click on the "Save Enter Watch Name" button.

That's it! You can continue to add watches to your Watch Box based on the available number of slots you have open in your Watch Box.

A quick tip from WTF Member OysterPerp - to prevent your Watch Box from being organized in alphabetical order, simply designate a number or a letter before the name.

All Registered Members have one slot available in their watch boxes. One of the many benefits of joining the WATCH TALK FORUMS Patron Program is having additional slots added to your Watch Box:

Stainless Steel Patrons
-10 slots in the "Current Collection" Watch Box
-5 slots in the "Previously Owned" Watch Box
-5 slots in the "Wish List" Watch Box

Gold Patrons
-20 slots in the "Current Collection" Watch Box
-20 slots in the "Previously Owned" Watch Box
-10 slots in the "Wish List" Watch Box

Platinum Patrons
-99 slots in the "Current Collection" Watch Box
-99 slots in the "Previously Owned" Watch Box
-99 slots in the "Wish List" Watch Box

You can join the WTF Patron Program by clicking here.

Last edited by Spaceview M2; 12-20-2017 at 11:09 AM.