First Rolex - Help me confirm what I have here.

WINNER OF THE ROLEX PHOTO COMPETITION

View Poll Results: Closed

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good!

0 0%
  • Bad!

0 0%

Thread: First Rolex - Help me confirm what I have here.

My Watchbox

Question First Rolex - Help me confirm what I have here.

Hello everyone,

I am pretty excited to have been given a Rolex Milgauss, White face, straight seconds had that seems to have been a short run back in the 60's. Its the model thats basically the CERN dial but with luminescence, I am curious of the year it was made.

Update, using the watches serial number and THIS post you can determine the year of release.
    Last edited by locomotiv3; 03-22-2020 at 05:21 PM.

Moderator WTF Veteran SFwatchGuy's Avatar

My Watchbox

Are you sure? It doesn't look like the correct second hand. Could be from 1991.
    Last edited by SFwatchGuy; 03-20-2020 at 05:08 PM.

My Watchbox

I took the band off to confirm the ref is 1019 which is from before they discontinued in 1980. The Milgauss then came back in 2007. There is no Milgauss made in the 80s or 90s. I also have the service record from Rolex which confirms its a 1019 when it was serviced in 1998.

Moderator WTF Veteran SFwatchGuy's Avatar

My Watchbox

All I found was a picture which indicated to me that the watch was from 1991. If you want more information than you currently have perhaps you need to consult a Rolex dealer.

My Watchbox

I'm sure you are correct, Rolex dealer would be nice. They are all closed for the next while over the current pandemic. Sourcing the community in the meantime. Very curious if anyone knows how to confirm the year of release for a Rolex. I know the window of time this watch could be from, but not the exact year. (I'm leaning towards 1968)
    I appreciate your input, thank you.
    Last edited by locomotiv3; 03-21-2020 at 01:11 PM.

Super Moderator WTF Veteran

My Watchbox

First off, I've no idea what your poll is all about and i suspect no one else does either as you haven't received any responses.

Second... you need the serial # to determine the model year. There are numerous websites that tell you where to look for that number (usually between the lugs) and from that, what year your watch was manufactured. Or... find your serial# and check the STICKY directly above your thread.

My Watchbox

Thanks mikeyt_53, I too regret adding the poll, tried to delete shortly after adding it. Apologies. I do have the serial, ill have a look at the post you mention. Thanks again.

That confirms it, the year is 1968. That's wonderful news. For anyone finding a 1019, send it in for service and get the acrylic crystal polished and if you choose the rest of it polished and serviced and you have yourself what seems to be a 20k-24k USD watch. If only it was the CERN dial.

Thanks for your help everyone.
    Last edited by locomotiv3; 03-21-2020 at 02:38 PM. Reason: checked linked post and found year.

Thread Information