Croton Ca301075ssyl large diver with ETA 2836-2
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gerryg11

Thread: Croton Ca301075ssyl large diver with ETA 2836-2

My Watchbox

Default Croton Ca301075ssyl large diver with ETA 2836-2

Hi guys, great watch recently acquired has become my daily driver. It is very heavy, 268 grams. The clasp is push button that can & does open in certain odd wrist positions such as carrying something heavy. I’m trying to find a double lock clasp, push button or otherwise, to solve this issue. However, SS bracelet is 23 MM as is one side of the clasp. The other side of the clasp is probably 20MM (see the 2 pics of the clasp. Any suggestions?
    Attached Images

Stainless Steel Patron Member WTF Full Member

My Watchbox

Wow, that does seem unusual. I'm not sure what to do in a case like this? Maybe contact Croton directly and ask if they offer additional replacement bracelets/straps:

[email protected]

My Watchbox

Thanks but, Croton CS will sell a new, identical, push button clasp for $25.00 +4.99 shipping, which is in inventory. They do not have a double locking clasp for this model watch/bracelet. However, I do not think there is anything wrong with my clasp. It seems to work perfectly fine except when my wrist is flexed in certain positions such as grabbing/lifting a heavy object which depresses the push button enough to release the pin, popping open the clasp. I took the clasp apart to some degree in an attempt to allow it more travel. And that was successful but it still will pop open as my flexed wrist depressed the push button. This why I was hoping to find an aftermarket double locking clasp.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchTalkForums.info
    Advertisements

My Watchbox

I think it's going to be really hard to find a bracelet that is 20mm on one side and 23mm on the other.

Would you be interested in going with a strap? You might be able to buy two straps, identical except for the size, and use one on one side, and one on the other. You would just need to compare the buckle ends to make sure they still line up.

This is a tough one, unless you can find a custom bracelet - which might be cost prohibitive.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than me will be along with better ideas.

Super Moderator WTF Veteran CometHunter's Avatar
    (I'm having a good day. Don't screw it up!)

My Watchbox

Have you looked at sites such as:

globalwatchband
    watchgecko
    strappedfortime
    strapsco
    -Bill

WTF Administration Team
    The Hamilton Forum
    The Beginner's Watch Forum
    The *Original* Invicta Forum

My Watchbox

Finding a clasp for the two different widths proved impossible. I went back to Croton CS seeking a 23 MM bracelet end link (clasp end). Unbelievably they are shipping one to me, gratis. I found a heavy bracelet (quality) on ebay for ridiculously low cost which will be the donor for double locking safety clasp...will post pic once i receive & change out the end link & clasp.

My Watchbox

Outstanding! Great to hear that Croton came thru with good customer service! Looking forward to seeing pics with the new band.

My Watchbox

The new link from Croton arrived today. However, the clasp side of it was approx 1/8 inch longer than the link it was replacing as it is actually the link for the opposite side of the bracelet. Went to a local machine shop to have it shaved down via an end mill.
    And now I am happy as a clam😁
    mikeyt_53 likes this.

Super Moderator WTF Veteran

My Watchbox

Congrats! Glad to see you were able to get her fixed properly.

My Watchbox

Thsnkd

Thread Information