WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

Is this watch I’m about to buy authentic (Jacob and co)

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Watchbreath 
#1 ·
Im buying this watch for $2,700 just want to make sure before I pay also if anyone has any additional info on watch would be cool thanks again also am I getting a good price on it thanks again

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
From the photos supplied, that could just as well be a $99 watch from Walmart. There isn't enough detail to make any sort of an educated guess.

First thing i would suggest is that you make absolutely certain that the watch is a legitimate Jacob & Co product as they are not that difficult to fake and at those prices there is some $$ to be made in doing so. Second and probably most importantly, i would suggest that you buy the 'seller' rather than listen to the tug of that watch on your heart strings. IF you feel you can trust the seller without question and if the watch really appeals to you and you are buying at a reasonable price, then all we can suggest is to proceed with the purchase if that is what you want. As for the company, they are far more noted for their high fashion jewelry products than their watchmaking expertise and their products appeal to the fashion conscious people of the world. We hope you are happy with it.

#3 · (Edited)
:001_unsure: From the blur, it appears real. Used to sell Jacob (lower end) about 16 years ago. There was a story that went around that Jacob
had fakes made of his watches to cover both ends. True, hard to say, some wild stories went around at the time. His high end is well worth the
time to visit on his website. On the watch in question, the Diamond bezel should be able to un-screw easily.

Thinking about it, fake bezel I believe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.