Seiko 5 - thoughts? - Page 2

WINNER OF THE SEIKO WATCH FORUM PHOTO COMPETITION

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Seiko 5 - thoughts?

Stainless Steel Patron Member WTF Full Member

My Watchbox

Here it is - Seiko 5 SRPD93. Note the crown at 4 o'clock, and the updated logo (stylized, sideways 5) below "Seiko". This is one of the 27 new models of the Seiko 5 released earlier this year - August, I think? These new models don't have a screw-down crown. Not sure if the other 5's do or not?

UPDATE: In the first 24 hours, it is -10 seconds. Much better than the -35/+45 published specs for the 4R36! I'm thinking the specs may be intentionally broad to factor in all the variables: temperature, activity/wind level, position, etc. as well as just the mechanical variances. I wonder if even atmospheric pressure and altitude (ie. 8,000 feet into the mountains) might make a discernible difference?

I am loving this watch so far! Comfortable, easy to read, good lume... my only slight nitpick is that I wish it was running a little fast instead of a little slow, but if it stays in the +/- 10 second range, I have zero complaints!

Seiko_SRPD93.jpg
    Last edited by Jay_R; 12-27-2019 at 01:59 PM.
    jakeagusta and mikeyt_53 like this.

My Watchbox

Accuracy update: At 48 hours, worn all the time except while I'm in bed, it is -17 seconds so far. After being -10 seconds on day one, it was -7 seconds on day two.

Very happy with the accuracy so far, and the watch in general! May turn out to be my "new favorite" watch - a distinction currently shared by my Citizen and Seiko chronographs.

UPDATEs:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Day One: -10 seconds
    Day Two: -7 seconds || (-17 seconds cumulative)
    Day Three: -3 seconds || (-20 seconds cumulative)
    Day Four: -7 seconds || (-27 seconds cumulative) || -7 s/d average
    Day Five: -3 seconds || (-30 seconds cumulative) || -6 s/d average
    Day Six: -2 seconds || (-32 seconds cumulative) || -5.4 s/d average
    Day Seven: -3 seconds || (-35 seconds cumulative) || -5 s/d average
    Day Eight: -2 seconds || (-37 seconds cumulative || -4.6 s/d average
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's going to be very interesting to see where it settles out - if it does.

So far, accuracy continues to get better!
    Last edited by Jay_R; 01-03-2020 at 11:05 AM.

My Watchbox

At the end of the first week, the average accuracy for my new SRPD93 is -5 seconds/day. I am very pleased with that. As I said before, I would rather it be +5 s/d than minus 5, but all in all I am very happy with this one! It looks great in my opinion, wears very comfortably, no battery to replace and has good water resistance for daily wear.

For anyone who might be interested, there is a chart of the daily accuracy in the above post.

UPDATE: I took the watch off at 10:12am on 1/2/2019 to begin a reserve time check. It ran until 1:44am on 1/4, for a reserve time of 39 hours and 32 minutes. I did not wind the watch or shake it when I took it off, simply placed it on my dresser. Impressive, in my opinion.
    Last edited by Jay_R; 01-04-2020 at 11:32 AM.
    jakeagusta likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchTalkForums.info
    Advertisements

My Watchbox

Jay, Sorry I'm a little late on the follow-up, but I'm getting about 48 hour power reserve on my Seiko 5 field watch.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information