Dan Henry watches - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Dan Henry watches

My Watchbox

I have a DH and for the cost it's a decent value. Its mecaquartz, chrono, sharp looking, and came with a nice watch roll and a few straps. As you can see it looks very nice, and it is.

Citing what someone said above, the lume literally does not exist on this model and only one of the 3 registers serves any chronograph purpose.

Do I regret buying? Well no, and it's super cool when you consider you have awesome vintage styling without shelling out 5k or more to buy the 60s originals.

I was on the fence about getting the black PVD Dan Henry1972 because geez it looks awesome but in the end I decided to skip it and got a seiko flightmaster instead.

All this said I had a favorable experience buying the DH and do enjoy the watch. I'm tempted to lume it though and frankly that it wasnt lumed left me feeling a bit duped.
    mikeyt_53 likes this.

Super Moderator WTF Veteran

My Watchbox

That one is a nice looking watch!

Quote Originally Posted by mdrtoronto View Post
    I have a DH and for the cost it's a decent value. Its mecaquartz, chrono, sharp looking, and came with a nice watch roll and a few straps. As you can see it looks very nice, and it is.

Citing what someone said above, the lume literally does not exist on this model and only one of the 3 registers serves any chronograph purpose.

Do I regret buying? Well no, and it's super cool when you consider you have awesome vintage styling without shelling out 5k or more to buy the 60s originals.

I was on the fence about getting the black PVD Dan Henry1972 because geez it looks awesome but in the end I decided to skip it and got a seiko flightmaster instead.

All this said I had a favorable experience buying the DH and do enjoy the watch. I'm tempted to lume it though and frankly that it wasnt lumed left me feeling a bit duped.

Super Moderator WTF Veteran CometHunter's Avatar
    (I'm having a good day. Don't screw it up!)

My Watchbox

Welcome to WTF mdrtoronto and thank you for that. NOTHING is better than first-hand information. Sorry to hear the watch doesn't glow. I've had a few watches where the hands had plain white paint instead of luminescent paint on them, so I understand your disappointment. Fortunately, . you can buy aftermarket paint and do it yourself, assuming you have good eyes and a steady hand.
    mdrtoronto likes this.
    -Bill

WTF Administration Team
    The Hamilton Forum
    The Beginner's Watch Forum
    The *Original* Invicta Forum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information