Orient vs Vincero? Others?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Orient vs Vincero? Others?

My Watchbox

Default Orient vs Vincero? Others?

I'm new to watches, and the only one's I own are three from the George brand carried at WalMart. Two of them have smaller faces with a "simulated leather" band that is more narrow than the larger one, and I've discovered that I like the smaller watches better.
    I'd like to move into a nicer watch and was intetested in the Vincero Chronograph line until I read a lot of reviews saying that Vincero watches were a lower quality than other watches of the same price range.
    Orient was suggested, and I absolutely love the look of the Bambino V5 for less than $50 more than the Vincero, which is more than justifiable to me if it is a higher quality watch.
    Would you suggest going with the Orient, or are there any other suggestions of quality watch brands around the $150 to $200 range?

Super Moderator WTF Veteran

My Watchbox

To be honest, i had never heard of "Vincero" before you mentioned them/ The Vincero Chrono i looked at had a Citizen Miyota quartz movement so that should be reliable and simple to replace if you ever had to. The Orient Bambinos in that price range, i believe use an automatic watch movement. Bottom line is buy what appeals to you in your price range and avoid fashion watches and Invictas wherever possible.
    CometHunter likes this.

Super Moderator WTF Veteran CometHunter's Avatar
    (I'm having a good day. Don't screw it up!)

My Watchbox

It's interesting looking up Vincero reviews on YouTube, and reading the comments about what a piece of junk the watch is!
    -Bill

WTF Administration Team
    The Hamilton Forum
    The Beginner's Watch Forum
    The *Original* Invicta Forum

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchTalkForums.info
    Advertisements

Super Moderator WTF Veteran

My Watchbox

I did check Youtube and found a few videos about 'Vincero'. They lost a head to head with a Timex...... which for me means that the Vincero isn't even an upgrade over the "George" brand watches that the OP buys from Wally World.
    Last edited by CometHunter; 09-14-2019 at 04:07 PM.

My Watchbox

I'm sorry I haven't been active since the post, I work 7 days each week and this is the first time I've been able to sit down on my phone and look at the forums I'm in since last week.
    I appreciate all of the help, I'm glad I didn't go spend that sort of money on a Vincero watch if they aren't any higher quality than what I already have for 1/10th of the price
    mikeyt_53 likes this.

My Watchbox

The more I look into them and dig into this forum, it seems that "fashion watches" should be avoided like the first response said.

Super Moderator WTF Veteran CometHunter's Avatar
    (I'm having a good day. Don't screw it up!)

My Watchbox

There are 2 sides to every issue. Fashion watches make great gifts when given to someone who isn't a "watch nut". Or as your kid's "first real watch".
    But fashion watch labels are also making fragrances and toiletries, shoes and sandals, sunglasses, purses and briefcases, belts, hats, shirts, pants and dresses, jackets and coats.
    Fashion watch makers don't care about what makes a quality watch; they care about what makes you look nice.
    And don't get me started (oops....too late!) on a fashion watch's cost-to-manufacture vs. how much the consumer blithely shells out to have that "name" on his/her wrist, or whether or not that watch will still function 5 years from now!
    mikeyt_53 likes this.
    -Bill

WTF Administration Team
    The Hamilton Forum
    The Beginner's Watch Forum
    The *Original* Invicta Forum

My Watchbox

My first automatic watch was an orient mako 2 and I have to say I am shocked at how good it was and still wear it to this day. I would highly suggest orient as a first automatic watch. Since then I branched out to seiko oris and phoibos but I will always love my orient.

If you are willing to shell out some extra money though I think the phoibos eagle Ray is the best watch for the money as it has a ceramic bezel sapphire crystal a comfortable leather band great fit and finish and a high beat hacking movement for under 400 bucks

My Watchbox

Hi guys, just the right topic. I want to buy either a Vincero watch or a Tissot watch for my boyfriend. Which should i buy?

Last edited by mikeyt_53; 03-27-2020 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Links to non authorized vendor removed

Gold Patron Member WTF Junior Member MDM 2.0's Avatar
    (Well begun is half done - Aristotle....or Mary Poppins)

My Watchbox

Quote Originally Posted by Sonja Gom View Post
    Hi guys, just the right topic. I want to buy either a Vincero watch or a Tissot watch for my boyfriend. Which should i buy?

Tissot IMO, but I will defer to the real experts.
    Last edited by mikeyt_53; 03-27-2020 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Removed links to non authorized vendor

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information