WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

Hello to all from a old collector>>

5K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  CometHunter 
#1 ·
Some here may remember me from days past when I was active on the Rolex forums. I see some names I remember. I just wanted to say hi to all. I am thinking of buying a new Daytona. It seems like the white dial 116500 is the better seller and I like the white dial. My current watch is a Z8xxxx serial number so I have owned it for quite some time.
Recommendations welcome. I was into vintage when I stopped collecting so I have a lot to absorb about the current market. You are the experts.

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Font

See less See more
#12 · (Edited)
I think the busiest time was actually in the days of the older WTF....
Without a doubt.
True story: A VERY short time after joining WTF, I'd been cajoled into joining the Moderator staff. I can still remember the Spring of 2011- John Holbrook had the whole Mod staff acting like reporters. He had us combing the press releases coming out of Baselworld 2011 and re-reporting them here in the brand-appropriate forums. We were all kept busy for two solid weeks! :laugh:

Nowadays, it wouldn't surprise me if there were (newer) members who've never even heard of Baselworld!

Reactions: maverick and JP.
#15 ·
tried to log in with my really old user ID but I guess it is gone. Boscoe, Max, Koimaster, Datsun240Z71 and a lot more from the old days are there too. The old days were a blast although a bit to similar to WUS as far as moderation went. I am Mark by the way.

Reactions: JP.
#17 · (Edited)
I was mainly in the Rolex Subforum only because I was a moderator there (in the old WTF). I remember Boscoe and Datsun though. Was Boscoe the guy who had TONS of cheaper watches like Alphas?

There is no reason we couldn't make this busy again. WUS isn't that active, really. A lot of discussion has moved to Facebook.

BTW If you want to add me, feel free... would be cool to have some WTF guys as FB friends.
https://www.facebook.com/juho.eskela

#20 ·
Whether white or black 116500 is almost/certainly/without doubts impossible to get now directly from the AD at listed price.

They are however on almost all grey dealers’ shops, but marked up to almost 2x the AD listed price.

This is the current state of the Rolex scene. Again, very different to what it was in the early 2000s.

#23 ·
I used to actively keep up with the site, but I will give you the reason I left. It was because of all the snarky replies one would get for posting what seemed like honest questions. Or no replies at all. That just seemed rude to me. I still drop in from time to time, but there isn't much on here anymore.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.