Phoibos Eagle Ray objectively it really is the best automatic watch you can buy

Thread: Phoibos Eagle Ray objectively it really is the best automatic watch you can buy

My Watchbox

Default Phoibos Eagle Ray objectively it really is the best automatic watch you can buy

First of all I am not saying this is the perfect watch for everyone. There are too many subjective and situational factors to make that assertion about any watch. However I am going to claim it is close to perfect in objective factors and that is what this review will be about.

I was in the market for a Swiss luxury watch when this caught my eye and I bought it instead and I have to say it is objectively the best outomatic watch you can get.
    I have had it for a month now an here is my review.

First off it is sapphire crystal which is a bigg positive and is a pretty durable watch for what it is. I have banged it on a door or two but it still looks and works fine.

Second the Miyota 9015 is awesome it has kept great time and in one month I have gained one minute. I also love the smoother second hand that comes with the jig beat movement. Not to mention it is a hacking movement.

Maintenance cost: another positive to the miyota movement is that it is so inexpensive that I can use it till it gets unbearable then buy a new miyota for 90 bucks and switch them out instead of going through the hassle of having it serviced and it is much cheaper.

Fit: this starts to dip a little bit into the subjective but not much. First of all it is 41mm which seems to be a good size for most people. I was also pleasantly surprised at how comfortable the leather strap is I worry sometimes about getting lesser quality leather on a watch in this price range and a micro brand. Great band if it fits your style.

Lastly the ceramic bezel is butter smooth whithout being too loose.

Subjectively I also think the watch looks great and feels great. It won’t pass as a dress watch but I think works for most occasions like office in a polo or button down shirt and with casual attire but that is up to your opinion.

Value this watch is a steal sapphire crystal screw down crown, high beat movement, inexpensive maintenance. Hacking movement, good strap, and a smooth bezel all for 3:50. Really could not ask for anything else in a dive watch. And honestly if you are looking to buy a watch the only reason I see to not buy this is subjective reasoning like you don’t like the style or size want different features or just want a “luxury watch like omega or Rolex for your collection.”

If you like the way it looks and you want a dive watch without spending 1500 dollars or higher don’t hesitate to pull the trigger on this one.
    Attached Images

Thread Information