Jean Lassale authentication and value

Thread: Jean Lassale authentication and value

My Watchbox

Default Jean Lassale authentication and value

Hi all
    First post so here goes...
    This watch as shown in photos I genuinely have no idea if authentic or not.
    I have found the movement a little history (thinnest movement in the 70,s)
    but the face is either a bespoke face or this is a jumble of watches in one.
    Would love any insight into the watch and if this is worth adding to house insurance or not.
    Thanks again like I say anything about this watches history and value would be much appreciated
    Last edited by mikeyt_53; 01-12-2019 at 10:31 PM.

Super Moderator WTF Veteran

My Watchbox

First off, welcome! I dont know a lot about Jean Lassale brand watches but here is what i do know; "Jean Lassale" originated around 1975-76, produced a 'higher end' line of watches and lasted for about 5-6 yrs before the company went defunct, the name was sold to Seiko and the movements (1200 & 2000) that Lassale created went to Lemania. I do have 4 or 5 Seiko Lassale quartz watches, including a couple of their signed 'Centennial' models that are extremely thin and attractive but I've never owned one of the originals. Jean Lassale's two main claims to fame were the 1200 movement at 1.2 mm thick (designed by Pierre Mathys) as well as their top of the line "Thalassa" model watches that can sell for up to $10k. I dont believe yours is worth anything near that though and if i was forced into offering an opinion i would suggest somewhere between $400 - $1000.

The markings on the movement appear to be correct and yours 'looks' authentic but I'll admit i really cant tell for certain as the photos aren't particularly clear. I haven't seen your particular watch on any of the known Lassale information sites. It could be that someone has done a dial modification at some point. As for value, these watches are all over the place. I would try searching the Sold section for "Jean Lassale" at eBay as well as just searching the internet at some of the upscale watch vendors who have Jean Lassale watches for sale.
    Last edited by mikeyt_53; 01-12-2019 at 07:39 PM.

My Watchbox

Thankyou I've added another image hopefully quality bit better
    Attached Images

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchTalkForums.info
    Advertisements

My Watchbox

Also mine is a 1200 images seem to lose quality on upload apologies

My Watchbox

Another hopefully better
    Attached Images

Super Moderator WTF Veteran

My Watchbox

Quote Originally Posted by Flowerpot View Post
    Also mine is a 1200 images seem to lose quality on upload apologies
    No worries. Based on the design i was pretty sure it was a 1200 calibre and all of the markings are correct for that movement. Yours appears to be an early one too with that '1534' serial number as most of the others I've seen have serial numbers in the 3000 and up range. There aren't many of these watches for sale, probably because they only existed for about 6 yrs or so and they appear to hold their value quite well. I am inclined to believe yours is an authentic Jean Lassale watch based on what i can find on the 'net.

Thread Information