RePLATEit Case Restoration

Winner of the Bulova-Accutron-Caravelle Masthead Contest
AWF_01_1

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: RePLATEit Case Restoration

(~Commercial Airline Mechanic "Retired"~)

My Watchbox

Default RePLATEit Case Restoration

For those that may be in need of a case restoration, RePLATEit had come highly recommended to me and others in the past and I recently had them restore two Solid Gold Cases of mine. They did a wonderful job.

777.jpg

44.jpg
    Last edited by Spaceview M2; 02-22-2019 at 06:50 PM.

WTF Full Member

My Watchbox

Stunning.

Out of curiosity, can you give us a little more about your experience with RePlateIt?

My Watchbox

Quote Originally Posted by KHatfull View Post
    Stunning.

Out of curiosity, can you give us a little more about your experience with RePlateIt?
    It was a very good experience.
    1. Filled out their form on their website and follow their shipping instruction(VERY Carefully).
    2. Boxed up and shipped them the watch or case to them Insured. (Average was about 5-8 days shipping time).
    3. Within 1-3 days after they received the watch they contact you via email and give you repair estimate and any additional info that may be pertinent to the restoration. Once you give them the green light, they proceed to restore the watch. Once that is done(4ish weeks or so), they send you a payment invoice and you pay for the repairs and when they receive that payment they ship the watch/or case back to you insured for whatever amount you request on your original forum. It was 46 days door to door for this case restoration. Communication was very good. They may not respond the same day to a question but will get to you with a day or so.
    I had heard many good things about them from past WTF veterans so I decided to try them on a few critical cases. Very happy with them.

Moderator WTF Full Member rollerberg2000's Avatar

My Watchbox

I'm curious as well, did they rhodium plate it?

My Watchbox

Quote Originally Posted by rollerberg2000 View Post
    I'm curious as well, did they rhodium plate it?
    Yes. They do the Rhodium as decoration.
    Last edited by Spaceview M2; 02-22-2019 at 07:10 PM.

My Watchbox

Oh, I forgot. Once Replateit shipped my watch case back to me they will email you tracking info (without asking them to). That seems to be a big issue with some specialty companies. Overall a very efficient operation so far.

My Watchbox

FYI: I just got an invoice from Replateit. They finished my second watch case I have sent them. This one was an 18kt YG accutron case. This one took exactly 16 business days to complete, from initial Email repair estimate to Repair Invoice. That first one took 26 business days. And once again, they sent me a shipping email for shipment tracking the same day I paid for the repairs. So far this has been a very nice consistent experience.
    ArchieGoodwin likes this.

My Watchbox

You are motivating me to work on my white gold 503. I scored a great deal on a NOS crystal. My case looks a lot like your before picture. Please share the replateit pricing for the yellow gold piece if you dont mind.

My Watchbox

Quote Originally Posted by uscjake87 View Post
    Please share the replateit pricing for the yellow gold piece if you dont mind.
    My White Gold Alpha cost $105.99 USD total including return shipping & insurance. The actual invoice was $133.00 CAD but the exchange rate is so good I only paid $105.99 USD. The 18kt YG cost was $112.17 USD including return shipping & insurance. The actual charge was $140.50 CAD but I only paid $112.17 USD. *All there pricing on their website is in Canadian Dollars. That's why US persons see a lower bill.

* The basic restoration service for both was the same at $100.00 CAD. So the actual restoration cost for US based persons would be $76.51 each, not including shipping or insurance.
    watchabit likes this.

WTF Full Member
    (He who knows nothing is closer to the truth then he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors)

My Watchbox

On their website they only have 14k gold listed on their pricing page, and they charge extra for each .5 microns of thickness. Did they accommodate you with 18k gold? How thick did you go? Is Hamilton gold color the same as Bulova used for their gold watches?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information