New Member, but not new to Watch World
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Challenger

Thread: New Member, but not new to Watch World

My Watchbox

Post New Member, but not new to Watch World

Hi everyone! I own about 60 Invicta watches, and have been collecting since I was 4 years of age. My Dad gave me an old pocket watch which did not work, but that didn't matter because it meant the world to me. I still have it to this day and will keep it in the same original non-working way it was 69 years ago.

I have grown more selective in my choices of Invictas over the last 3-4 years. I (mostly) buy and collect "Swiss Made" versions now. But, I think Invicta has become a little lax with their definition of the term "Swiss Made". They will install a true Swiss made movement in the watch, then sometimes state it was "final assembled" in China, Taiwan, Indonesia, or some other Asian country. Well, according to the Swiss Federation, that does NOT meet the definition of "Swiss Made".

Quality control and customer service are the two biggest problems I've encountered. I've received watches with crown problems, poor bracelet assembly, and other glitches. Those go straight back to the vendor who supplied them. Customer service is a pain, and warranty service is not nearly up to par. I have encountered about 15% defective products in the box, when I received them. That's way too high...I think that should be no more than 1-2% max.

As a rule, I have made wise choices (I think). I have seen Reserve Invictas that sell for $200.00 plus, with a Ronda 515 Swiss movement which costs about $10.00! I try not to buy those versions. Then, I have actually purchased Reserve "Swiss Made" models with the Ronda 8040N Caliber movement, with the retro-date snap-back dial at 12:00 position, for as low as $110.00! Those movements sell for $85.00-90.00 dealer cost. I consider those bargains in the watch world. I once bought TWO watches with that movement...$140.00 for the first one, then a second one at the same time of purchase for only $40.00. That was during one of Evine's (old Shop NBC) "Once and Only" deals on TV.

Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with their watches, and I usually purchase models in the 44-52MM sizes, Reserve, and Swiss Made (if it states that on the dial at the 6:00 position). My sweet spot for sizing is the 45-48MM versions, on my 7.5-inch wrist.

Sincerely, Challenger
    Bill from Florida, USA
    Lwayslate likes this.

Super Moderator WTF Veteran

My Watchbox

You own 60 Invictas? Evine must love you. My condolences.

Thread Information