Three times before it will log me in
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Three times before it will log me in

WTF Full Member
    (He who knows nothing is closer to the truth then he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors)

My Watchbox

Default Three times before it will log me in

I use an IPad and I need to enter my user name and password three times before it will log me in. Been like this for monthes and it's every time any suggestions.

Super Moderator WTF Veteran CometHunter's Avatar
    (I'm having a good day. Don't screw it up!)

My Watchbox

Sorry. I don't use any of that i-nonsense. All my WTF stuff is done with my laptop, with no problems.
    Have you posted in the Site Issues and Web Help forum yet? Have any of your security settings been altered by accident?
    -Bill

WTF Administration Team
    The Hamilton Forum
    The Beginner's Watch Forum
    The *Original* Invicta Forum

Administrator WTF Veteran administrator's Avatar

My Watchbox

Are you using a password keeper or are you copy/pasting your password?

Are you waiting for the site to fully load before logging in? Try waiting 15 seconds.

- JB

WTF Full Member
    (He who knows nothing is closer to the truth then he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors)

My Watchbox

I also just tried logging in on my laptop Microsoft Windows 7 using chrome and Firefox and it still takes three times to log in, I type the user name and password, I don't copy and paste. Next time I will Wait 15 seconds and try again. Thanks for trying to help me administrator. I'll keep you updated.

My Watchbox

Any luck? How was the login? Are you using the HTTPS version of the site or did you update your bookmarks to HTTPS?

- Jb

Moderator WTF Veteran SFwatchGuy's Avatar

My Watchbox

Quote Originally Posted by administrator View Post
    Any luck? How was the login? Are you using the HTTPS version of the site or did you update your bookmarks to HTTPS?

- Jb
    What do you mean are you using the HTTPS version? I am trying to log on through Google Chrome as I have for quite some time. The site will not keep me logged in even when I check the remember me box and I am still having trouble with a few pictures. The address bas says this https://www.watchtalkforums.info/foru...ml#post1327083

Super Moderator WTF Veteran

My Watchbox

Dont know what to say. I use Chrome and Windows 10 without any issues on this site.

WTF Full Member

My Watchbox

Quote Originally Posted by administrator View Post

- Jb
    I waited 30 seconds and it still takes me three times to log in on my Ipad, it starts to log me on then freezes (picture included) then I tried logging in on my android phone and one try and I am in. Then I logged on with my windows 7 laptop with chrome and firefox by using a search engine to get to WTF instead of a bookmark and it still takes three times to log on. I use to have a problem of being kicked off over and over and over but it stopped doing that. can you please explain your statement about HTTPS or HTTPS. When it does finaly log me in it will show the screen saying I have used an invalid username or password, but my username apears at the top of the screen showing I am logged in. Thank you for your help.

Attachment 195445
    Last edited by Catman8; 07-21-2018 at 02:06 AM.

My Watchbox

Quote Originally Posted by SFwatchGuy View Post
    What do you mean are you using the HTTPS version? I am trying to log on through Google Chrome as I have for quite some time. The site will not keep me logged in even when I check the remember me box and I am still having trouble with a few pictures. The address bas says this https://www.watchtalkforums.info/for...ml#post1327083
    Same here. The site will not keep me logged in even when I check the remember me box.
    Remember, where your treasure is, there your heart is also.

My Watchbox

At the address bar in your browser, it needs to start with HTTPS, and not HTTP. You will need to ensure you are on that URL. If you're typing in the URL and it's using history to auto fill the URL fully, you need to change it to HTTPS. If you are using bookmarks, update them to the same.

My email showed your link as HTTP, but in your post its showing as HTTPS so I am unsure. Check the URL first to ensure it comes up as https://www.watchtalkforums.info

You may also need to clear cache and cookies.

@Catman8 - Your image is showing as a link. If you are going to embed an image into a post, you need to click Go Advanced, and use the insert image icon or attachment manager there. The one in quick reply will not show the image correctly.

- JB

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information