Notifications?
Results 1 to 6 of 6
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bsshog40

Thread: Notifications?

  1. #1
    WTF Full Member bsshog40's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Midland, Tx
    Age
    61
    Posts
    104

    My Watchbox

    Default Notifications?

    I've clicked the box to receive notifications for threads and posts I make to be displayed in my control panel but I don't seem to be getting notified when someone replies to a thread in the upper right-hand corner. That is my control panel right? Am I doing something wrong? thanks!
    Now I get a notification right after I posted this thread! ??????? Lol

  2. #2
    WTF Veteran Spaceview M2's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    5,330

    My Watchbox

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bsshog40 View Post
    I've clicked the box to receive notifications for threads and posts I make to be displayed in my control panel but I don't seem to be getting notified when someone replies to a thread in the upper right-hand corner. That is my control panel right? Am I doing something wrong? thanks!
    Now I get a notification right after I posted this thread! ??????? Lol
    You have to go into General Settings (Messages & Notifications) and set how you want notifications to be set-up. As you can see, I won't be getting any instant notifications. I will only get notifications if I go to my control panel. This is where you fine tune your subscriptions.

    ssss.jpg

  3. #3
    WTF Full Member bsshog40's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Midland, Tx
    Age
    61
    Posts
    104

    My Watchbox

    Default

    That is how I have mine setup also. I was wondering how to be notified here on the forum when someone replies to a thread I started or contributed to. Not via email, just here.

  4. #4
    WTF Veteran Spaceview M2's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    5,330

    My Watchbox

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bsshog40 View Post
    That is how I have mine setup also. I was wondering how to be notified here on the forum when someone replies to a thread I started or contributed to. Not via email, just here.
    I don't think you will. You have to go into the Control Panel to see new posts on subscribed threads. I think the Notifications in the Upper Right is only for "LIKES' and 'Private Messages'. If there is a trick to it, I am not aware of one.

  5. #5
    WTF Full Member bsshog40's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Midland, Tx
    Age
    61
    Posts
    104

    My Watchbox

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceview M2 View Post
    I don't think you will. You have to go into the Control Panel to see new posts on subscribed threads. I think the Notifications in the Upper Right is only for "LIKES' and 'Private Messages'. If there is a trick to it, I am not aware of one.
    No problem. Thanks for the insight!
    Spaceview M2 likes this.

  6. #6
    Administrator WTF Veteran administrator's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Far Side of the Moon
    Posts
    710

    My Watchbox

    Default

    Is anyone still having trouble with this? Was the problem that you were not sure where to adjust your settings or is the problem that the notifications are not working? Let us know if there are any issues with the notification function.

    Cheers,

    Erik

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

ShowCase, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.