Alpha ?

Winner of the Bulova-Accutron-Caravelle Masthead Contest
AWF_01_1

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Alpha ?

My Watchbox

Default Alpha ?

Saw this watch from a previous sale noted as a Alpha, your thoughts on its Authenticity ?

Bulova Accutron 214 - ALPHA - 14K Solid Gold c.1960 w/Box & Manual - Excellent

Details From Seller....

A HIGHLY COLLECTIBLE PIECE
    In 1959, Max Hetzel and William Bennett completed the development of the Accutron 214 at Bulova Headquarters in New York. Mass production of the 214 began in 1960 and they were introduced to the public in November of that year.

c.1960 Solid Gold Alpha Model

MOVEMENT: Super clean movement is marked BULOVA U.S.A. 214 / M4. We have not serviced this watch, but it is running strong and keeping great time. Humming nicely!
    DIAL: Beautiful original dial has raised gold markers and circular grooved texture. Raised gold ACCUTRON name. The gold hands show a bit of age, but the dial itself is in virtually flawless condition. Great style.
    CASE: Fabulous asymmetrical Alpha case design. Solid 14K yellow gold. Marked on the back: BULOVA 14K / WATERPROOF / PATENTED C62839 / M0. Measures 33mm x 40mm lug tip to tip. Only the slightest surface flaws, this case is in beautiful condition throughout.
    New acrylic crystal. New black leather strap, fitted with signed ACCUTRON gold filled buckle.

BONUS: We are including an all original Accutron leather bound box with satin and velvet interior. Super clean condition throughout, it has been safely stored inside the original signed outer box. Also included is an Accutron coin battery hatch opener. Plus, the original Accutron 24 page owner's manual.

This is the complete package!

A GREAT GIFT -- or a FINE ADDITION to your COLLECTION!

In 1960 NASA asked Bulova to incorporate Accutron technology into its equipment for the space program. The CEO of Bulova at the time was Omar Bradley, 5 Star General, US Army, Retired. During those early years Accutron timing mechanisms were used in 46 US space program missions. An Accutron watch movement sits on the moon's Sea of Tranquility today, in a instrument placed there in 1969 by Apollo 11 astronauts, the first men on the moon.

Photos....

A HIGHLY COLLECTIBLE PIECE
    In 1959, Max Hetzel and William Bennett completed the development of the Accutron 214 at Bulova Headquarters in New York. Mass production of the 214 began in 1960 and they were introduced to the public in November of that year.

c.1960 Solid Gold Alpha Model

MOVEMENT: Super clean movement is marked BULOVA U.S.A. 214 / M4. We have not serviced this watch, but it is running strong and keeping great time. Humming nicely!
    DIAL: Beautiful original dial has raised gold markers and circular grooved texture. Raised gold ACCUTRON name. The gold hands show a bit of age, but the dial itself is in virtually flawless condition. Great style.
    CASE: Fabulous asymmetrical Alpha case design. Solid 14K yellow gold. Marked on the back: BULOVA 14K / WATERPROOF / PATENTED C62839 / M0. Measures 33mm x 40mm lug tip to tip. Only the slightest surface flaws, this case is in beautiful condition throughout.
    New acrylic crystal. New black leather strap, fitted with signed ACCUTRON gold filled buckle.

BONUS: We are including an all original Accutron leather bound box with satin and velvet interior. Super clean condition throughout, it has been safely stored inside the original signed outer box. Also included is an Accutron coin battery hatch opener. Plus, the original Accutron 24 page owner's manual.

This is the complete package!

A GREAT GIFT -- or a FINE ADDITION to your COLLECTION!

In 1960 NASA asked Bulova to incorporate Accutron technology into its equipment for the space program. The CEO of Bulova at the time was Omar Bradley, 5 Star General, US Army, Retired. During those early years Accutron timing mechanisms were used in 46 US space program missions. An Accutron watch movement sits on the moon's Sea of Tranquility today, in a instrument placed there in 1969 by Apollo 11 astronauts, the first men on the moon.

My Watchbox

I'm not sure what you're asking. It's an authentic alpha but has an M4 movement. Not unusual for a movement to have been replaced over the years.

My Watchbox

Looks like an Alpha to me.

Attachment 158746

My Watchbox

Reason I ask, I thought M0 Accutrons didn't have The Notation 'Patented', on their Case Back, Guess I was wrong...

Thanks Gents....

My Watchbox

A good Accutron Alpha M0 Google search will show quite a few examples with patented on the caseback.

My Watchbox

I have one exactly like that one.

Attachment 158770

Attachment 158778

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceview M2 View Post
    I have one exactly like that one.

Attachment 158770

Attachment 158778

My Watchbox

Although I only collect and restore 218s.. IMHO this model is the creme de la creme of all the accutrons.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Paul

My Watchbox

Well this may have possibilities, but will require some serious work, sweep hand is wrong, and No Idea whats under the back case cover regarding a Movement....222606170617

Vintage 14k gold Accutron Alpha 214 Wrist Watch for repair

American Made

Dial in good condition with light marks and some Patina

Hands have some patina
    Movement Accutron 214 not running or keeping time

14k Gold case with stainless Case ring

Note setting ring is secure and not flaps around

Watch doesn't runs and is being sold for repair

Vintage 14k gold Accutron Alpha 214 Wrist Watch for repair

American Made

Dial in good condition with light marks and some Patina

Hands have some patina
    Movement Accutron 214 not running or keeping time

14k Gold case with stainless Case ring

Note setting ring is secure and not flaps around

Watch doesn't runs and is being sold for repair

My Watchbox

Not bad. These Alphas have about $450.00 worth of gold in them and since its not running (seller issues maybe?) a lower best offer would be in order. For me, if I was considering that watch, it would be the condition of the dial as the most important thing. Everything else can be fixed with relative ease. But his pics are bad enough not to be able to tell exactly the dial condition.
    Rob B likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information