WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

Ball Watch brand question

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  CounterfeitCop 
#1 ·
HI,
I'm new to this forum. I currently own a 2009 fireman that is 43mm it has a black dial with red numeral 6,9 and date window at 3.
My question is how come when I ask other jewelry stores if they carry Ball Watches, they look at me like I have two heads?
I believe these watches are far better than most watches out there, my other favorite watch is my Marcello C with also has an eta movement 2824-2
while my fireman has the eta 2893 movement and is by far the most accurate watch I've ever owned including an older Rolex Explorer ll.

#3 ·
BALL prefers a limited number of outlets (for quality control purposes). Simply go to their website:

https://www.ballwatchusa.us/ballwatch/retailer-locations/

(or their international site if you're not in the USA,) and click the box at the top of the page to find your nearest Authorized Dealer.
In fact, a list of Authorized Dealers is a feature on just about every brand's site.

Reactions: mikeyt_53
#4 ·
I am retired, a watch collector, and former federal agent ... during the latter career, I became fascinated by watches, as my agency was responsible for the prosecution of counterfeits.

I particularly like Ball Watches, the history of the company is fascinating, the quality of their pieces is extraordinary, and you get what you pay for rather than the price controls and market manipulation that the "cartels" are infamous for. I have attached a document that may be of interest ... one of the US government's pleadings that lays out the whole story.

Jewelry stores realize a dramatically different profit selling watches where the prices reflect a tremendous disparity between cost and list. With a Ball, you get what you pay for ... my daily wear is the Ball Skindiver, I like the Engineer AeroGMT for dress, and my wife so loves her diamond conductor that she has sent pictures to everyone in the universe that she knows by their first name.

I am retired now, but I used to do presentations at high end jewelry stores regarding counterfeits, and their proliferation. Rolex, Panerai, Omega ... you name it from Audemars to Zenith, I may have one of the best collections of counterfeits anywhere. This is just one box of Rolexes. NEVER buy an expensive watch from an unknown source.

In 30+ years, I never encountered a Ball counterfeit, probably because they cost what they are actually worth.

Automotive tire Rim Font Funeral Pattern

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.