Posting pics
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By administrator

Thread: Posting pics

My Watchbox

Default Posting pics

I noticed that some pics aren't showing up in posts. Below is an example (But if you click on Comethunter attachment, it will open a pic, it just doesn't show up without clicking on it.

WRUW Friday 21 July 2017.jpg

Now my posting of a pic did the same thing:

WRUW Friday 21 July 2017a.jpg

But after editing it and finding out that attachment never attached to the post, I had to reattach it and it worked. (Glitch). So now mine shows up and Comethunetrs doesn't, unless you click on his, then it shows a watch.

WRUW Friday 21 July 2017b.jpg

* When I noticed that my attachment didn't show up down in the 'manage attachments' section, I clicked on the manage attachment section and it was there, once I closed out that managed attachments and got ready to post, I noticed that the newest attachment did show up(after the fact). Long story shot, there is still a glitch in posting pics off insert image.

Administrator WTF Veteran administrator's Avatar

My Watchbox

test2.jpg

test test test

~ Glenda
    Last edited by administrator; 07-27-2017 at 08:36 AM.

My Watchbox

Hey spaceview M2,

When you uploaded the images where you on desk top? I am trying to duplicate the issue, did you use only insert image?

Thank you so much,

~ Glenda

My Watchbox

Quote Originally Posted by administrator View Post
    Hey spaceview M2,

When you uploaded the images where you on desk top? I am trying to duplicate the issue, did you use only insert image?

Thank you so much,

~ Glenda
    Yes, Desktop, Chrome, Insert Image Icon.

* As seen in the test below, It seems the Insert Image Icon is not 'always' talking/working with the 'Manage Attachments' section when you go advanced. That test was only Click on Insert Image Icon, attach pic and post. In order for me to fix it, I would have to go advanced, edit or check on Manage Attachments to see if its there, maybe delete everything and reattach it.
    Last edited by Spaceview M2; 07-27-2017 at 08:49 AM.

My Watchbox

My Watchbox

As you can see from my point of view, that attachment I attempted in Post 5 does not show as an attachment when I open that post to edit and look at Manage Attachment.

Attachment 155369
    Attached Images

My Watchbox

We're testing out some patch updates that will hopefully fix this issue. We had to go to the forum software developer for help on this, and that's the only suggestion they could give us.

We're doing the testing on another site in our network that uses the same basic setup we use here. Once it's confirmed that the new patch won't just make things worse, we can try it out here

Kevin
    Spaceview M2 likes this.

Moderator WTF Veteran SFwatchGuy's Avatar

My Watchbox

So I just did the insert image from computer, upload image, and it seems to work.
    Attachment 156041

I also notice the "Todays Posts" button now works.

I haven't received any error messages in a couple days.

Are we pretty much fixed except for all the photo issues caused by Photobucket?

Moderator WTF Veteran SFwatchGuy's Avatar

My Watchbox

Oh...that is weird. The picture was there until I submitted the post.

My Watchbox

Quote Originally Posted by SFwatchGuy View Post
    Oh...that is weird. The picture was there until I submitted the post.
    What I have found in 'trying' to make things right even with the ongoing broken image posting mess is this. I always open 'Go Advanced, just so I can see if it shows attachments. I load a image (insert image Icon) like usual on my post, then look down and click on image attachments. "EVEN" if the image appears in the little box at the bottom of manage attachments, I delete it, go back up to the post, delete that image and actually do it all over again. Once I insert another image in the post, I then go down to imagine attachments, open it an make sure its there. It may have been there the first time but it disappears once you 'hit' post and it fakes you out thinking it will work. The only time my pics actually work correctly 'all' the time is to post/delete/post them before actually posting on the thread. I am basically editing my post before I post it. You end up attaching a pic you want 'twice' since for some reason the first try doesn't always work as seen in so many peoples pics.
    Last edited by Spaceview M2; 07-30-2017 at 09:40 AM.

Thread Information