Movado - Page 2

Panatime
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Movado

WTF Full Member
    (Secundum Artem)

My Watchbox

I got one about 1 year ago, it’s not bad but it uses the charge in about 6-8 hours and goes into power save mode which basically shuts it off. Anyone else have this problem? The I-watch is better and cheaper.

Stainless Steel Patron Member WTF Full Member

My Watchbox

6-8 hours on a charge really stinks! How heavy is the use for that? How long does a charge last when just using the watch for timekeeping and other functions are just on standby?

Smartwatches will really take over even more when the average price comes down under $250 and the battery lasts longer than 5-6 days in normal use. I for one am not looking forward to it.

WTF Full Member
    (Secundum Artem)

My Watchbox

Since it is a digital it still drains even if you just wear it and do nothing. It charges pretty quick(2-3 hr) but if one is out and not near a charge, it quickly becomes a useless wrist accessory. The Apple Watch is much better(12-18 hr) and charges in 6-7 hr.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchTalkForums.info
    Advertisements

WTF Full Member
    (Secundum Artem)

My Watchbox

Actually, Citizen makes a hybrid called the Proximity 2 that is a solar quartz chronograph with Bluetooth that will vibrate and indicate text, e-mail,calls on face by second hand position. It’s 100m water resistant and since solar,no worry about running down. I like it better than the Movado.

WTF Full Member
    (Secundum Artem)

My Watchbox

Update on the Movado, I noticed a dark area in the center of the dial recently-it looked like a circular stain But it still worked so I ignored it. The watch seemed to drain battery faster than before and I connected it to charger and let set for an extended time. Eventually, I got it off charger and noticed that the darker area in dial was somewhat larger and now the watch won’t activate at all. It’s like it is totally drained of power and it will not accept a charge. I’ve had the watch for some time and I wonder if the rapid battery drain experienced since the beginning was a symptom of whatever has happened to it and if it’s worth sending to Movado for repair or replacement. If not covered by manufacturer, I not sure I want to put more money into it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information