Bulova 1D16M

Winner of the Bulova-Accutron-Caravelle Masthead Contest
AWF_01_1

Thread: Bulova 1D16M

My Watchbox

Default Bulova 1D16M

I just got one of these in a trade. It is NOS and in TT with a matching bracelet. The watch is in beautiful cond. It has the holes in the lugs and a screw down crown. The movement is an ETA 25j. I am trying to find out a little more about it. Yr or yrs of manufacture etc. Anyone have any info on this model? Thanks.

Banned WTF Veteran
    (Be faithful to one woman. Have flings with hundreds of watches. ™)

Beach Haven, NJ (no, it does not smell here)

My Watchbox

Welcome to Watch Talk Forums!

First, the movement is an ETA 2824-2. It's based on an old Eterna movement and has been in production since 1982. Quite a workhorse, and a good value when you consider the cost (under $100 at some sites who sell kits, parts & tools). It can be regulated to very good accuracy. Tag Heuer, Fortis, Tissot, Oris, Invicta, and even Cartier use it in some of their watches, but naturally the amount of refinishing and work they do when they receive the basic ebauche will vary. Can you show us a picture of the back? We should be able to figure out what year it was made by the coding if it's visible.

Oh, and one other thing: you know the saying "a picture is worth a thousand words"? Well, in the Sales Forum "a picture is worth a thousand dollars".....okay, maybe not that much but you'll generate much more interest if you can add a shot or two to your for sale ad for this piece.
    Last edited by ulackfocus; 09-14-2008 at 02:20 PM.

My Watchbox

Quote Originally Posted by ulackfocus View Post
    Welcome to Watch Talk Forums!

First, the movement is an ETA 2824-2. It's based on an old Eterna movement and has been in production since 1982. Quite a workhorse, and a good value when you consider the cost (under $100 at some sites who sell kits, parts & tools). It can be regulated to very good accuracy. Tag Heuer, Fostis, Tissot, Oris, Invicta, and even Cartier use it in some of their watches, but naturally the amount of refinishing and work they do when they receive the basic ebauche will vary. Can you show us a picture of the back? We should be able to figure out what year it was made by the coding if it's visible.

Oh, and one other thing: you know the saying "a picture is worth a thousand words"? Well, in the Sales Forum "a picture is worth a thousand dollars".....okay, maybe not that much but you'll generate much more interest if you can add a shot or two to your for sale ad for this piece.
    Thanks for the info. I just put up a few pics of the watch in question. I came across this forum during a Google search of the watch. What Luck!! Thanks Again, Paul

WTF Full Member

My Watchbox

CatTech, I own the very same watch. However mine came w /a jubilee braclelet. The TT is a great look.
    Good luck w/the sale!

Thread Information