26B19 Clasp Failure

Winner of the Bulova-Accutron-Caravelle Masthead Contest
AWF_01_1

Thread: 26B19 Clasp Failure

My Watchbox

Default 26B19 Clasp Failure

I have a Bulova 26B19 Accutron with a leather band that has the locking clasp.

The clasp seems to have stopped clasping and I can't see why. Anybody have any experience with these? Can anyone recommend a good source for this band?

Thanks in advance.

My Watchbox

Hiya gatling and welcome to the B and A forum. I can't quite see from your posted pic whether the watch has a deployant clasp or not. If it does, examine it closely to see if there is some dirt or debris around the pin. Or, it may be that the pin is slightly bent. If so take it to a watch repair shop and they may be able to repair it for a nominal fee.

If you wish to replace the strap completely, you have many options. For an OEM strap, you can call Bulova Service in New York, give them the model number of the watch, usually on the dial and/or caseback and they can quote you a price for an exact replacement. Or you can measure the width of the strap (at the lug connection) and check with any of our sponsors that sell straps for a nice replacement.

Thread Information