Sloooooooooooooooow page loading

Thread: Sloooooooooooooooow page loading

WTF Veteran

My Watchbox

Default Sloooooooooooooooow page loading

So, I've cleared the cache/cookies/log in and out and everything else I can think of, but it takes forever for a page to load.

It's not my internet connection either. It's only happening with this forum and the WUS forum.

What's going on????????

Moderator WTF Veteran SFwatchGuy's Avatar

My Watchbox

My computer times out and says the page is not available. I have to refresh almost every time I open a new forum page.

WTF Veteran

My Watchbox

So it's not just me.

Super Moderator WTF Veteran

My Watchbox

hmmm/ not sure. Mine seems to be loading just fine. Maybe VS was doing some maintenance work last nite/this morning that would have slowed things down considerably.

My Watchbox

Mine was doing that yesterday and on occasion does it today but ok this afternoon so far. WUS is generally much slower for me then WTF. I visit both about the same amount of time.

Super Moderator WTF Veteran CometHunter's Avatar
    (I'm having a good day. Don't screw it up!)

My Watchbox

Quote Originally Posted by SFwatchGuy View Post
    My computer times out and says the page is not available.....
    Mine does that too, but it can happen on any site, and only after I'm online for an extended period of time (like 4:00 AM all the way through to 11:00 AM).
    I shut it down for a few hours, and everything is fine again. I suspect the age of the laptop has a lot to do with it.

p.s. No problems today.
    Last edited by CometHunter; 07-17-2016 at 02:20 PM.
    -Bill

WTF Administration Team
    The Hamilton Forum
    The Beginner's Watch Forum
    The *Original* Invicta Forum

My Watchbox

Quote Originally Posted by CometHunter View Post
    Mine does that too, but it can happen on any site, and only after I'm online for an extended period of time (like 4:00 AM all the way through to 11:00 AM).
    I shut it down for a few hours, and everything is fine again. I suspect the age of the laptop has a lot to do with it.

p.s. No problems today.
    That generally works for me. I reboot everything and start over.

Administrator WTF Veteran administrator's Avatar

My Watchbox

hey all,

when this happens again, can you get me a time stamp and your time zone when it occurs? also ill need to know what its stalling on. you can find this in the bottom left hand corner of your browser. thanks all for letting us know.

~Shane

WTF Veteran

My Watchbox

Shane, what I can tell you is that it pretty much affected "everything" I tried to do including starting this thread. After submitting this post it took almost 5 min. for it to actually post. Today, it's better, but still pretty slow.

I'm not sure what your asking for in regards to....."also ill need to know what its stalling on. you can find this in the bottom left hand corner of your browser. thanks all for letting us know."

Right now at the bottom of my browser it shows this thread?????????

For reference purposes, my time zone is "pacific".

The only other thing that confuses me is that on this page it shows "Watch Talk Forums 4.8" and the other option is "Default vB" whatever that means?

Administrator WTF Veteran administrator's Avatar

My Watchbox

hey there,

sorry for not being specific. there will be a small loading bar at the bottom left corner of your screen when you load a page. if it gets stuck on loading, there will be a little text thing in the bottom left hand corner showing what it is trying to load. that is what i need to know. thanks for letting me know what time zone.

the reason to know this is we can isolate the time and when the issue was spiking and also what is causing the stalling.

its not stalling for me at the moment. it could be our first party provider, an ad, a plugin, it could be database maintenance. these are all possible variables to look into and creates a needle in a haystack kind of thing. thats why im being so specific about time and what is loading in that bottom corner. once we figure that out, we can isolate and investigate that particular thing loading.

let me know next time it happens. thanks :)

~Shane

Thread Information