First Ball (but several hundred other brands before it)

WINNER OF THE BALL WATCH PHOTO COMPETITION

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By filterlab
  • 1 Post By filterlab

Thread: First Ball (but several hundred other brands before it)

My Watchbox

Default First Ball (but several hundred other brands before it)

Evening chaps. I'm new on here, indeed this is my first post, but I'm a staunch regular on a couple of UK-based forums and have been buried in this hobby since 2007 - or in actual fact since I could first read the time if I'm blatantly honest.

I thought I'd pop in here as I've just acquired my first (and definitely not my last) Ball watch. I've eyed up several different models over the years; the Engineer Master Diver II, the Hydrocarbon Mad Cow, the Deep Quest, the Ohio Moon Phase - but I've never actually bought one. I've had hundreds of other watches; Sinns, Damaskos, Precistas, Seikos, Omegas, a couple of Breitlings, Citizens, Casios and dozens of other manufacturer's offerings that I've mostly forgotten about now, but this is the first Ball.

I opted for the Trainmaster Moon Phase as I had a longing for a decent moon phase watch, it is my 40th birthday on February 12th 2016 so I had a good excuse to get something interesting. It arrived the other day from Iguana Sell in Spain who are excellent to deal with.

So what can I say about it? Well, I'm darned impressed with it. It far belies the price. The quality is outstanding, the finish is exquisite and the tritium lume just makes it. I am a lume fan, a big lume fan, and this lovely warm and consistent glow is right up my alley. It's stronger than other tritium dialled watches I've owned, but it is brand new of course. The bracelet is nothing short of a work of art. I've had Rolex bracelets which haven't felt like this - completely rattle free and silky in movement.

I took a couple of photos of the dial lume plus some quick and dirties in the poor light we have right now in East Anglia in the UK. Enjoy if you haven't seen this model, which definitely looks better in the metal than in the promo shots.

No doubt I will purchase other Ball watches in the future, if this one is anything to go by they're obviously good value!

Cheers, Rob.

Alaskan and ArchieGoodwin like this.

Moderator WTF Veteran SFwatchGuy's Avatar

My Watchbox

Very nice and dressy Ball. Impressive lume on the moon phase. Congratulations. Nice color of blue too.

My Watchbox

Cheers chap!

Yeah, the lumed moon did it for me. The whole fit, finish and design of this watch is so impressive. Upon my next purchase (which will be some time away as this year I intend to clear all debts by 31st December) I will be looking for a Ball diver I think. That tritium tube lume is just a winner.

Super Moderator WTF Veteran CometHunter's Avatar
    (I'm having a good day. Don't screw it up!)

My Watchbox

Welcome, Rob. Glad to have you as a member!
    -Bill

WTF Administration Team
    The Hamilton Forum
    The Beginner's Watch Forum
    The *Original* Invicta Forum

My Watchbox

Thank you kindly sir. Nice to find a forum that's narrowed in focus. I'm just taking some time to read through the previous threads and glean what info I can about Ball watches. :0)

Seems like a lot of you are based in the US, Ball watches are a lot less well known here in the UK, and although the watch forum community is unsurprisingly knowledgeable of them, I've yet to see a Ball watch on the wrist of a non-horology enthusiast.

I'll be spreading the name where I can. :0)
    diver likes this.

WTF Full Member

My Watchbox

Nicely done! Welcome to the Ball Club!

WTF Junior Member

My Watchbox

Lovely watch, unusual having the lume on moonphase.
    I purchased my first Ball in January and love it, great tool watch and awsome build. I plumped for the Engineer master diver 11 and love it.

Thread Information