1953 self-winding cal 22A

WINNER OF THE LONGINES PHOTO COMPETITION

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By heycoolwatch

Thread: 1953 self-winding cal 22A

My Watchbox

Default 1953 self-winding cal 22A

Hi all-

I'm so happy to have found this forum! My watch obsession began several years ago with Rolex, but has branched out way beyond that to wherever the trail leads me. Lately, I've come to appreciate Longines and I wanted to share my recent vintage purchase.

I enjoy an aged dial with character, and this one definitely checks that box. I also love the lugs on the L&K case. Currently, the 22a movement is being cleaned and fully serviced at ABC Watchwerks in LA. I'm leaving the dial and case alone. I'm excited to give this old beauty a little wrist time.

According to Longines:

Originally, the serial number 8'877'*** identifies a Longines self-winding movement, caliber 22A. It was invoiced on the 17th September 1953 to the company Longines-Wittnauer, which was at that time our agent for the United States of America.
    I love that Longines provides an archive extract as a free service to anyone who requests one. All brands should be doing this, IMO. I'm new to Longines and new to this forum, but I'm excited about both!
    diver and charlie48 like this.

Super Moderator WTF Veteran

My Watchbox

Nice old Longines and glad to see you made good use of their Records services!

Thread Information