Longines Watch Back Removal

WINNER OF THE LONGINES PHOTO COMPETITION

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mikeyt_53

Thread: Longines Watch Back Removal

My Watchbox

Default Longines Watch Back Removal

Hi, I have a 1970's (I think) Longines wrist watch in gold which has been back and forth to a local-ish repairer twice (each time costing a fortune) and I would now like to remove the back and see for myself what is going on - I have a suspicion that it is simply dirty since it runs fine for a day or so and then stops, starts, stops again etc etc - but I am no watchmaker so I'm just guessing and curious. I cannot locate a method of removing the back and cannot see any leverage slots for a removal tool.

If anyone has any ideas about how to remove the back of this watch I would be grateful before I start wielding something :-)
    I have attached a photo of the watch back.

Many Thanks, Richardwatch_small.jpg

Super Moderator WTF Veteran

My Watchbox

Too bad those pics didn't show up on the NAWCC forum where you also posted this question. It looks like a snap back case but if you are worried about possibly damaging the case (which it sounds like you should be) then have someone with the proper tools open it for you. And, unless you are at least a bit experienced with examining watch movements, you may not know what you are looking for with your suspicions about the movement being 'dirty'.
    CometHunter likes this.

Thread Information