WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

New to the Rolex Forum and a Long Story To Tell....

9K views 25 replies 11 participants last post by  HOROLOGISTOO7 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi as some of you may or may not know my father pasted away going on 3 months ago (Condolences are very much appreciated but are not needed as I know how you all feel and thanks) and about a month ago I was just starting to go through his belongings and the very first thing I came across was his 3 favorite watches to wear which were a Gallet Multichron Pilot Chronograph that he had wore so much that the crystal was discolored and cracked and his had stop wearing it, The 2nd was Breitling which turned out to be a fake but I desided to keep it because it keeps immaculate time and it was the watch my dad wore most, The 3rd was a Rolex Datejust, Actually he had 2 one of which was a obvious fake and I tossed it in the garbage, The 2nd one was not so obvious but after some investigating I discovered it was also a fake and I was going to keep it anyways but before I knew it was a fake I had joined TZ-UK and had posted a picture and I had said right off the bat "I know nothing about this brand of watch" which at the time I didn't ! and it took awhile but someone who had worked for Rolex finally identified as a fake to which a mob assembled and began to ridicule, harass, and even say completely untrue and i'll just say "unflattering" BS about my recently departed father ! During all that time not one moderator ever stepped in and put a stop it so I fought back and longer story short I was banned. lol after that when ever I looked at that watch I didn't think of fond memories my dad instead the only thing I thought of was those autistic halfwits who harassed me so I chucked it in the garbage where all those morons belong !

Which brings me to why i'm here in the Rolex forum, After that forum ordeal and my losing one of the things that made me think of my dad I decided that I would get a Real Authentic Rolex that was as close as I can get it to take the place of the watch my dad had to remember him by !

I started by looking for a Rolex Datejust that looked like my dads and soon realized a watch like my dads was more than I could afford, But in looking for one I started seeing some amazing deals on genuine Rolex parts next to the going price that most people wanted for the same thing (these parts are the real deal, I made sure of it !) so I started putting bids on items that started at .99 cents and I super lowballed my top bids but I started winning some of the bids !

I won a dial, 18kt hands from Dubai, 18kt crown, gold day wheel, 2003 datejust stainless case and back all for pennies on the dollar ! and I was trying to get a Rolex 3135 movement for a great deal but I kept losing every auction for a Gen 3135 movement, So undeterred I contacted one of the people I noticed was always selling Gen NOS movements one after the other and they are located in Switzerland so I PMed them and told them what I was trying to do and asked if there was any way they could help me (the worst they could say was no) and after some talking back and forth they gave me a incredible deal on a NOS Rolex 3135 movement and winding stem !

So now I'm getting close enough to the point that I know I'm going to pull it off and build a Rolex Datejust That will take the place of my fathers old one only this one will be a Genuine Rolex built by myself and dedicated to the memory of that great man that was my father !

See less See more
#6 ·
As I said in a dif thread "I'm so happy to say that I will never be at the mercy for parts or service from any watch manufacturer which includes Rolex when owning one of their watches !" It's so nice and I enjoy working on them plus it give me a great deal of satisfaction looking at my watches and know I did all the work on them.......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.