Cartier Wolf Design REF 946665A-1 watchwinder [Archive] - WATCH TALK FORUMS

: Cartier Wolf Design REF 946665A-1 watchwinder

stevef54
07-10-2014, 06:02 PM
I have on of these and I can't decide if it's genuine or a knockoff. Does anybody know anything about this model. Where it was made? When it was made? Value? A new one is selling on ebay for $1900. I'd love to learn if mine is genuine or not, Any information would be greatly appreciated. The ebay listing for the one for sale now can be seen here: Cartier Watch Winder RARE Ref 946665A 1 New Complete by Wolf Design | eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/CARTIER-WATCH-WINDER-RARE-REF-946665A-1-NEW-COMPLETE-BY-WOLF-DESIGN-/251449764903?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a8b92ec27)

The one I have is exactly the same.

Hawk53
07-10-2014, 06:48 PM
Looks to me as a serious waste of money. Just my opinion tho.

CometHunter
07-11-2014, 04:22 AM
Without disassembling it to check the quality of its construction and materials used, there's NO WAY we can tell if it's real or not! It's made by Wolf Designs, right?
Look it over (including any paperwork), note the model number, serial number, etc., and contact Wolf directly (wolfdesigns.com) with any concerns you may have.

As to value, I wouldn't be too optimistic. It will depend on how much someone values the Cartier marque. Keep in mind that Cartier didn't make it...they bought it from Wolf and had their own name put on the packaging before they sold it! You can buy a factory fresh one directly from Wolf (without the Cartier branding of course) starting @ $275 up to $500 for a single-watch unit. And don't forget to allow for devaluation (used merchandise).

Good luck. I really hope you are worrying for nothing! :thumbup1: