WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

Delma or Tavannes?

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  CometHunter 
#1 ·
I've been looking at the Tavannes Ocean Edge Quartz (USD $795) and just today the Delma Santiago Quartz ($660).

I've heard way more about Tavannes. Actually, I haven't ever heard of Delma besides on another forum a while back. A Rolex dealer/jeweler in town has even recommended Tavannes over TAG. BUT others on another forum have called me a fool for even considering spending $795 on a Swiss Quartz.

Opinions are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Delma Santiago Quartz: Official Delma Website - excellence of time : Delma Watch Ltd. SWISS MADE

Tavannes Ocean Edge: Ocean Edge Gents stainless steel skin-diver watch and bracelet with black dial and black rotating bezel

#2 ·
I'm sorry you were called a fool- that's just being rude and childish. I would say that you could do better. Considering how inexpensive basic quartz movements are to make, I could not justify spending that kind of money unless precious metals were involved in the manufacturing of the case and/or bracelet. The most I ever spent on a quartz watch was $400 and that was radio-controlled as well as having other bells and whistles. But for a regular dive-style watch, I humbly believe anything approaching the $700 mark is just too much to pay.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.