WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

Idea for a watch box

4K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  Widows Son 
#1 ·
I've been checking out some other members alternative watch boxes and thought that this is pretty neat. Well, I remembered that about 15 years ago I was puttering around the garage and decided to make a chest for something to do. I built it and put it on top of one of our book shelves and forgot about it. It's about 15" long, 9" wide, and 8" high. think I'm going to turn it into a watch case. What do you all think?

Cabinetry Wood Drawer Rectangle Chest of drawers
Musical instrument Wood Rectangle Musical instrument accessory Plant
Rectangle Wood Wood stain Flooring Plank

See less See more
#12 ·
I've been in "antiques & collectibles" for over 45 years and I've picked up some antique and vintage box's pretty cheap over the years and converted them for various items, including watches. Depending on what I decide to put in them, I'll try to tailor them to the period of the watch. Like art deco, art nuevo, the fabulous 50's etc. While not as much fun as collecting the watches, still can be fun. Unfortunately, this can also turn into a pain in the butt because then I want to put period correct items all together which takes up a lot of room!!!

#13 ·
My first box was a 18x12x4 inch plastic box with a see-through clip-on lid, and used pipe insulation cut to length.
If you put one and a half-inch plastic pipe lengths inside the insulation tube, it widens it to an acceptable diameter to fit your watch on.
Easily fits four lengths of tube in the box, ten watches per length= 40 watches. The boxes stack too, so great for those with a large collection.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.