: Clueless Girlfriend

Dgold
11-21-2012, 10:27 AM
Hi! I want to buy a watch winder for my beloved boyfriend and I am overwhelmed...and stumped. He owns a few Panerai and some Jaegar watches...amongst others.

Can you please suggest a good watch winder for his automatic Panerai? I have researched and read, which only made me more confused. I am not sure if I should get him a 4 or 6 winder? What brand(s) are ultra reliable? Great value? Orbita..which one?

If you need other specific information, just ask.

Thanks!

CometHunter
11-24-2012, 04:51 AM
Hi!

Watch winders are no different than cars, pens, shoes, tools.... you get what you pay for.

* "...for his Panerai..." infers that you're not thinking of the winder being used with other watches. Have you considered a single-watch model?

For great value, you'll want a high quality winder. Cheap ones have motors that have been known to burn out after only a few months.

But above all, you need to shop for one that is programmable. Those cheapos I mentioned will do nothing more than spin the watch around constantly. This is potentially bad for the watch and can cause premature wear on parts of the movement. You want a winder that you can have spin clockwise for a few minutes, stop for an hour or so, spin counter-clockwise, stop, wait, spin clockwise etc. etc. etc.

Do you have a budget in mind? What is the most you're willing to spend?

BTW FTI.... ORBITA is an excellent brand to choose!

Dgold
12-02-2012, 04:14 AM
Hi Bill,

Thank you so much!

Yes, I have been looking at the Orbita winders. I was considering a single model, but I think the one that has 3-4 winders might be better. There seems to be a few different models...Sienns, Sparta, Avanti. Definitely programmable. Do you prefer a particular model?

Sorry for my lag in responding. I really appreciate your explanation.

Cheers