WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

Introduction to Glashuette Original (GO)

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  analog_art 
#1 · (Edited)
So this will be my first new thread...

I'm interested to hear stories of how people came to be fans, or simply interested in, GO.

I'll go first...I think I have a reasonable understanding of GO. I was introduced to the brand by a good friend, and have developed my preferences to and opinions about GO because they are an in-house manufacture and because they produce elegant and beautiful movements, complications, and finished watches.

I've been fortunate to visit the factory on two occasions, once with that same friend and once with a German GO forum group. Dig around on the GO web site and you'll find photographs of the last visit I made, I'll let you guess which pictures...

That web site I mentioned is www.glashuette-original.com (look for the English button in the top right), and GO receives email at info@glashuette-original.com. The friendly folks at GO would also like to offer a DVD of GO products (free of charge), all you have to do is complete the contact sheet on the GO homepage.

Next...?

See less See more
#2 ·
So this will be my first new thread...

I'm interested to hear stories of how people came to be fans, or simply interested in, GO.

I'll go first...I think I have a reasonable understanding of GO. I was introduced to the brand by a good friend, and have developed my preferences to and opinions about GO because they are an in-house manufacture and because they produce elegant and beautiful movements, complications, and finished watches.

I've been fortunate to visit the factory on two occasions, once with that same friend and once with a German GO forum group. Dig around on the GO web site and you'll find photographs of the last visit I made, I'll let you guess which pictures...

That web site I mentioned is Glashütte Original (look for the English button in the top right), and GO receives email at info@glashuette-original.com. The friendly folks at GO would also like to offer a DVD of GO products (free of charge), all you have to do is complete the contact sheet on the GO homepage.

Next...?
I became introduced to GO through the review work that I've done for various watch industry trade publications. I've had the opportunity to do hands-on reviews of several GO models and have always been extremely impressed. But it was the factory visit I did to GO in 2008 which really helped me see and understand the passion this company has for horology. I look forward to returning to the town of Glashütte SOON - hopefully on a day with better weather than last when I was there:

An Exploration of Saxony Watch Making - Day 3: A Tour of the Glashtte Original, Factory in Glashtte, Germany

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.