Mathey-Tissot watches? [Archive] - WATCH TALK FORUMS

: Mathey-Tissot watches?

DBwonder
06-25-2020, 06:59 AM
Hi all,

I've never heard about the brand before (then again I'm not a big watch dork - YET :biggrin:) but I've spotted one of these on my colleague's wrist yesterday and I really like the look of it. I did some research and after reading https://timepieceking.info/mathey-tissot-review/ I think like I'd like to give it a go, particularly the Rolly III model which seems to be the most budget friendly. Jomashop in US has it for under $100 and Amazon too but I'm not a big fan of Amazon as I think it's full of fakes.

Has anyone on here owned any of their watches? Are they okay? Or does the low price also mean **** quality?

Thank you

SFwatchGuy
06-25-2020, 07:14 PM
They get good reviews and use Swiss movements, both automatic and quartz. Why don't you buy one and tell us what you think? I would listen/read.

CometHunter
06-26-2020, 12:37 PM
I don't own a Matthey-Tissot so I can't vouch for quality. But I haven't heard or read anything even remotely bad about the brand. And it seems to me that a company doesn't last for over 160 years by putting out an inferior product.
That review stated that M-T watches are entry-level products. And they are no different than shoes, knives, home appliances, or cars. There is nothing wrong with the brand...just don't expect miracles.
Just like a Kia isn't in the class of an Omega, a M-T isn't in the same league as a Blancpain. But generations have sworn by Matthey-Tissot, so I'd say go ahead, trust your instinct, (and as we are currently fond of saying): go ahead - pull the trigger on one!

DBwonder
07-01-2020, 05:08 AM
Thanks for the replies guys.

In general, is Amazon a fairly safe place to buy watches or should I look elsewhere? I already have 2 MT watches in mind now :thumbup1:

CometHunter
07-01-2020, 11:56 AM
I have purchased 4 watches on 4 different occasions from 4 different vendors . My most recent was a Casio A-T (Atomic Time) Skyhawk. All sales were from companies and not individual persons. I've had no bad issues with any vendor. My only issue with Amazon, BTW, was 2 months ago when a (washable Corona virus mask) got lost-in-transit.
If I weren't on a fixed income, I would not hesitate to use Amazon again!