Shinola Runwell [Archive] - WATCH TALK FORUMS

: Shinola Runwell

seanyyz
03-19-2018, 12:47 PM
I picked up one of these on a cruise ship for $467. It is a great watch so far. It is incredibly easy to read with and without my reading glasses and discreetly when you don't want people to notice you are looking at your watch.

I have received a lot of compliments about it. Shinolas are assembled in Detroit with American labor but the movement is Swiss. It is a quartz watch which is what you would expect for the price. I would recommend that people take a look for them.

I am attempting to upload a picture but it doesn't seem to be working.:001_rolleyes:

mikeyt_53
03-19-2018, 02:07 PM
Shinola's are nice watches. :thumbup1:

CometHunter
03-19-2018, 04:08 PM
Apparently, they run occasional tours of the facility:
https://detroithistorical.org/things-do/events-calendar/events-listing/shinola-corporate-headquarters-second-tour

I remember back in 2011-2012 you could go log onto their site and watch the workers on a live webcam in the wrist watch assembly room!

RJ007
03-22-2018, 01:45 PM
That is AWESOME!!!
Big fan of Shinola, and that is a nice price.
All my friends who own them, love them.

They are really nice in the flesh and a solid timepiece.

CONGRATS and welcome to WTF.

G

Jay23
10-01-2018, 04:18 PM
They are very large if my memory is correct? Something like 47 mm diameter? I like the look but couldn’t wear a watch that large.

CometHunter
10-01-2018, 05:12 PM
They also have 41mm cases!
Anyone interested really needs to check their website for up-to-date info. I only looked at the Runwell model, and there may be a size or two I missed.

Matt Jansen
11-07-2018, 01:09 PM
@CometHunter

:wink:

Shinola's are one-of-a-kind watches, like Ingersoll since 1892, but in a whole different ball park here.
I'm kind of a 'modest incomer', hence My current collection in an other way than Shinola's collection.

Shinola's are just 'outside my grasp' so to speak, but I love and admire them and those who 'ave 'em.
Maybe one day I'll win the lottery and buy a whole collection of Shinola's: never seize dreaming ..... !!

:cool1:

Oscote
11-17-2018, 10:13 PM
I really like the design of shinola, but I can't justify the price. I have a few watches, but the most expensive of which is my newest - the Vaer Field watch (was about 150). I've been tempted numerous times get an automatic watch, but I really can't justify 200+ for a quartz... No matter how pretty it is. Sadly it's the also the only that has held me back from getting a lum-tec as well