Incoming:G-Shock GWM5610-1 Men's Solar Black Resin Sport Watch [Archive] - WATCH TALK FORUMS

: Incoming:G-Shock GWM5610-1 Men's Solar Black Resin Sport Watch

Spaceview M2
11-02-2017, 09:38 AM
I am not usually one to wear these watches, especially in black, but I just sold a friend of mine the only atomic solar Casio I used to set all my other watches from. So I decided to replace it with another slightly different designed casio that I might actually wear. Not sure how the size will effect my liking but its really only for accurate time reference and it was cheap. Plus I will probably take it on cross country trips. Got it for $89.00 Its also Atomic/Solar.

Spaceview M2
11-02-2017, 01:51 PM
Well the UPS guy just delivered the Casio. I thought it might be abit to large for my taste but its not. Didn't have to set a thing. Time was correct and came in with a full charge. Just put it on and took a few pics. It should be a good watch for everyday wear when I don't want to worry about what I am wearing. Plus it shows the day of the week and the date. Something retired folks tend to forget.....:glare:

CometHunter
11-02-2017, 02:49 PM
Just out of idle curiosity, have you ever considered owning a G_Shock WaveCeptor?

Spaceview M2
11-02-2017, 02:58 PM
As a matter of fact, I had one close to your designed Casio a couple years ago I sold to a guy at work. And the Casio I just sold is the pic below. I liked it but a friend wanted it for work and I had no issue looking for another. Price wise, it was a push.

Spaceview M2
11-02-2017, 03:06 PM
This was the one I sold several years ago. Casio Men's MTG900DA-8V G-Shock MT-G Atomic Tough Solar Watch

charlie48
11-03-2017, 08:05 AM
Just out of idle curiosity, have you ever considered owning a G_Shock WaveCeptor?

I've had Casio WaveCeptors since the 90's that always worked in NY, plus weather stations that had Atomic clocks! ironically, since I've moved to Florida, they only work for about 2 months out of the year! I must be in a fringe area. I miss the convenience of not having to set every watch/clock that I have twice a year, and also used them to set my other watches! The price you have to pay, to live in Paradise.:001_rolleyes:

Spaceview M2
11-03-2017, 11:14 PM
I was reading about another feature you can enable on this new G-Shock (Which I did). You can set it so when you raise your arm up in poorly lit areas, the light will automatically come on to read the time. It stays on about 3 seconds. No buttons to push. :thumbup1:

hifisapi
11-04-2017, 12:30 AM
I was reading about another feature you can enable on this new G-Shock (Which I did). You can set it so when you raise your arm up in poorly lit areas, the light will automatically come on to read the time. It stays on about 3 seconds. No buttons to push. :thumbup1:
Battery Killer...

CometHunter
11-04-2017, 04:43 AM

I never tried to disable that feature. Mine was doing that right out of the box...nothing to set up! In fact, I thought the watch was always SUPPOSED to do that. :lol:
Not that I'd ever want to disable it....it's a handy feature to have anywhere and any time there's little or no ambient light.

Battery Killer...

Um, it's a solar-powered watch, so the battery doesn't die unless you keep the watch sealed in a photon-proof tin can for at least 5 years,
or physically damage said battery.

hifisapi
11-04-2017, 08:11 AM
even solar powered watches have batteries that can only be charged and discharged so many times before it needs replacement, I know, I had to change one.

CometHunter
11-04-2017, 09:36 AM
I imagine so, but it takes a while. I'm not sure exactly how old this Pulsar is, but I was already wearing it when I was a restaurant chef in 1980. It is still running on the factory-installed power cell.

hifisapi
11-04-2017, 09:54 AM
the watch I had to change out the rechargeable battery in was also a pulsar (diver) and as I recall, the cell was significantly more money than
a typical watch battery and it was also much harder to change out. Something you want to avoid if possible. Its also a special cell you have
to order from the watch factory (if its still available).

CometHunter
11-04-2017, 10:31 AM
Screw that.....I'll just throw it away.
I have 3 Citizen EcoDrives (one of which is a radio-controlled A-T Skyhawk) that'll still be running long after I've gone to that great watch museum in the sky!!!

goldenglow
03-26-2018, 10:45 PM
On the battery watches Casio disables, after a few hours, the feature of auto-on when you raise your hand. On the solar models the feature, once activated, is available continuously. Very “handy” feature IMO

Saad4u
06-13-2019, 07:58 AM
G-Shock watches are really fascinating. One of my favorite G-Shock watch is GA-1000-4ADR that comes in black and orange color combination.