WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

Incoming:G-Shock GWM5610-1 Men's Solar Black Resin Sport Watch

3K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Saad4u 
#1 ·
I am not usually one to wear these watches, especially in black, but I just sold a friend of mine the only atomic solar Casio I used to set all my other watches from. So I decided to replace it with another slightly different designed casio that I might actually wear. Not sure how the size will effect my liking but its really only for accurate time reference and it was cheap. Plus I will probably take it on cross country trips. Got it for $89.00 Its also Atomic/Solar.

Watch Rectangle Clock Gadget Watch accessory

See less See more
#2 ·
Well the UPS guy just delivered the Casio. I thought it might be abit to large for my taste but its not. Didn't have to set a thing. Time was correct and came in with a full charge. Just put it on and took a few pics. It should be a good watch for everyday wear when I don't want to worry about what I am wearing. Plus it shows the day of the week and the date. Something retired folks tend to forget.....:glare:

Watch Rectangle Temperature Clock Measuring instrument

Material property Font Emblem Auto part Metal

#6 · (Edited)
Just out of idle curiosity, have you ever considered owning a G_Shock WaveCeptor?

View attachment 165594
I've had Casio WaveCeptors since the 90's that always worked in NY, plus weather stations that had Atomic clocks! ironically, since I've moved to Florida, they only work for about 2 months out of the year! I must be in a fringe area. I miss the convenience of not having to set every watch/clock that I have twice a year, and also used them to set my other watches! The price you have to pay, to live in Paradise.:001_rolleyes:

#7 ·
I was reading about another feature you can enable on this new G-Shock (Which I did). You can set it so when you raise your arm up in poorly lit areas, the light will automatically come on to read the time. It stays on about 3 seconds. No buttons to push. :thumbup1:

#12 ·
the watch I had to change out the rechargeable battery in was also a pulsar (diver) and as I recall, the cell was significantly more money than
a typical watch battery and it was also much harder to change out. Something you want to avoid if possible. Its also a special cell you have
to order from the watch factory (if its still available).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.