WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

Rolex Data for your edification

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  morningtundra 
#1 ·
While assembling my modest collection of Wilsdorfs finest, I accumulated a lot of data (bookmarks, spreadsheets etc).

I have no intention of adding to my collection any time soon and hence no real reason to keep any of this interesting data around... yet I'm loathed to consign it all to the recycle bin and purge it all from the bowels of my hard disk.

So instead I stuck it all in a database and set it free into the Internet from where it came. I hope it might be useful to other collectors and enthusiasts.

I invite you to search for your watch and if inclined, send me any corrections or data to fill any of the numerous gaps.

Please welcome, The Unofficial Rolex Number Wizard at rolexnumberwizard.com

Thanks!

Note: I did send the Mods a msg asking if it was ok to post this website here. Never heard back, so decided to take a gamble and post and hope I don't get banned or blocked.

#2 · (Edited)
Sorry about that silence. But speaking for myself, I didn't respond because I didn't get any message.
That doesn't matter any more.
Since it's not a commercial site, and you do not personally benefit financially, we would be honored and pleased to have this gifted database.

Reactions: morningtundra
#7 · (Edited)
Both charts are driven by what's printed on the dial...

Refs & Cals was an attempt to see which References shared Calibres. While obvious to serious aficionados, I could never keep track of what was "supposed" to be inside a particular reference. This is a quick and dirty way to tell if a piece needs further sleuthing to avoid a franken.

Model Families was an attempt to see if a Refin had attempted to convert an "Ousterdate" to say, an "Oyster Perpetual Date" or some such. In the end it turned out to be just a bit of fun to see and explore the odd naming conventions.

Both charts are fed by the content of the database. So if anyone has any weird or odd ball references (they know to be legit and catalog spec) I'd love to hear about them and add them.

#8 ·
I found time today to upload old scans or movement service docs and tried to make them searchable. So if you're interested in what a correct movement should look like, this will help. I found these useful when looking at movement pictures and trying to see where they should and should not have engravings.

Sent from my cracked, broken, hand wound Phone

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.