Nice Affordable Seiko [Archive] - WATCH TALK FORUMS

: Nice Affordable Seiko

Spaceview M2
01-21-2017, 06:56 PM
I have owned quite a few Seiko watches (nothing high end) and this one was my favorite (daily use). Stunning Blue dial, comfortable, perpetual calendar and extremely accurate (maybe 1-2 seconds a month). I would recommend it as an affordable, solid, classy accurate Seiko. Case diameter is about 39-40mm so its a medium size case. When I bought it it was about $77.00 (4 years ago) but I see the price has gone up a tad to about $95.00 on amazon and higher on ebay. Still a good buy for sure.

Seiko Men's SNQ010 Perpetual Calendar Watch

Aquaaiea
01-23-2017, 04:48 PM
Very nice Seiko. Not the biggest fan of gold accents but you can't go wrong with the Toyota of the watch world. A $77 Seiko is good with a suit or Jeans and T-shirt.

CometHunter
01-23-2017, 05:56 PM
Gold accents are understated. Nice!

But I'm fuzzy on how you read the perpetual calendar part of the watch.
No, that's not right. I lied.....I don't have a clue. :confused1:
All I learned from YouTube is how to open the bracelet clasp and how to change the battery. :lol:

Spaceview M2
01-23-2017, 06:26 PM
Gold accents are understated. Nice!

But I'm fuzzy on how you read the perpetual calendar part of the watch.
No, that's not right. I lied.....I don't have a clue. :confused1:
All I learned from YouTube is how to open the bracelet clasp and how to change the battery. :lol:

It was weird but you program the perpetual calender (date) via both crown and top button per instructions.

CometHunter
01-23-2017, 06:49 PM
I figured the second hand had SOMETHING to do with it, but I couldn't figure out the details (like maybe the way you read the power reserve in a Seiko Kinetic).
Working in conjunction with the date window makes more sense.

Thanks. You've answered my question perfectly.

Jay_R
12-03-2019, 11:19 AM
Beautiful photo!

Sorry, I just realized this is an old thread... the price on this watch has really gone up, apparently!