WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

Omega Speedmaster 3570.50.00 won't wind correctly

5K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Spaceview M2 
#1 ·
I have a manual wind speedmaster moon watch I bought in 2010. There is a problem with winding it. It will not stop when winding and only runs for about 16 hrs. I took it to a local jewelry and they sent it off to Omega for service/repair. The estimate was at $1500, needless to say I don't have that kind of cash at the moment to spend on it. I have two questions. 1. Is it ok to continue to wear it and just wind it every day? 2. Is it possible or a good idea to find someone else who may be able to fix it for less money? Thanks.

#2 ·
I gather you are winding it till it stops winding? Correct? I have one and I wind it till its stops winding which for me is about 80+- turns (maybe 1/2-3/4 turns). It lasts about 2 days when I do that which is correct (48-50 hours reserve). If I wind it everyday, its about 30-40 turns. They are not suppose to stop when winding so I am not sure what you mean by that? You can manipulate the movement of the second hand when 'setting' (per Omega instructions) the time in order to get it perfectly set to an atomic clock. Lastly if you do have an issue with it get on the large omega site and ask if anybody in your local area has sent a watch to a local jeweler. Many guys do.

#5 ·
I have read but not used these two US based watch repair centers. I have read great reviews on both. You might inquiry on pricing as I find $1500 for a repair for yours is quite high (IMHO). I am not affiliated with either. Just giving you options where to start looking if you want your watch repaired.

Pa Based Repair Center
Precision Watch Repair Philadelphia | Govberg Watch Repair

Washington Based repair center.
Nesbits Fine Watch Service

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.