I inherited a nice Rolex watch from my father a few years ago and I am now contemplating whether or not I should sell it. Long story short, I need the money to pay lawyer fees that have been accumulating because of a custody and divorce battle with my ex-wife. It breaks my heart that I have to sell it but unfortunately at this point, I have no other choice.
I must admit, I know nothing about watches so I’m hoping some of you can give me some advice. What its worth… should I get it repaired before selling or sell it as is?
- Watch was bought new in Jan 7 1972.
- Model is Red Submariner 1680
- Everything is original but my dad replaced the band because it broke
- Missing outer bezel and insert
- I also have the original receipt, box, diver handbook, service brochure, red hang tag and band
- Watch functions but I do remember my dad saying that it would need to be looked at.
I’m attaching pictures of everything I have. Hopefully someone will chime in and let me know what I should do.
Thanks in advance,