WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

WRUW on 09-01-14, Labor Day in the U.S

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Grumpyguy 
#1 ·
#5 ·
Nice Hamilton electronic, Comethunter. Interesting piece. I'd like to add one of those to my collection one of these days.
Here's what I'm wearing today, my latest addition to my Accutron collection. Finally picked up an Astronaut, courtesy of a local, fellow forum'ite (Thanks a bunch Steve!).

(I think my foot somehow balances out the photo, composition'wise :biggrin:)

Eric

#7 ·
Busman, the crown/stem assembly on the vintage Accutron 214 movement is on the backside of the watch. It fits flush with the caseback, and when needed you insert a fingernail and lift/flip out the latch to set or adjust time. There were other watches that had a similar (but not exact) arrangement, some Timex electrics come to mind, along with the Voumard 2000, which was an unusual watch where the dial and movement could be rotated within the case so the wearer could (supposedly) view it better while it was on the wrist (ala a driver's watch?).

Eric

#11 ·
I thought I'd like the blue SISTEM51 case better, but that red is really sweet...
the translucence tones it down so that it's not an in-your-face red!

Let us know if it has a true 90-hour power reserve.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.