_____________The 2009 NYC GTG Report___ DAY 3 _______(GTG event) - 57 pics. ! ! )____

WINNER OF THE ROLEX PHOTO COMPETITION

Panatime

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: _____________The 2009 NYC GTG Report___ DAY 3 _______(GTG event) - 57 pics. ! ! )____

Exclamation _____________The 2009 NYC GTG Report___ DAY 3 _______(GTG event) - 57 pics. ! ! )____

_____________The 2009 NYC GTG Report___ DAY 3 _______(GTG activities - 57 pics. ! ! )__

SATURDAY - May 15th 2009 - The Main Event.

We started our day with a nice breakfast in a not very fancy but cozy Morning Star restaurant on the
    corner of 57th St and 9th Ave. As is it always the weekend following mother's day - the 9th Ave was
    blocked off for about 20 block due to a fantastic food festival. We went in 2007 and 2008....and you
    bet - we went this year as well.

After some walking through the food fest we jumped in the can and went to Cartier Boutique on 5th Ave
    where we saw some phenomenal watches from Basel 2009 and also attended their exhibit upstairs that
    included 231 carat diamond, Triple Crown Trophy as well as some cool Art Deco Mystery Clocks and many
    other beautiful Cartier artifacts. We had to hurry up and be at the hotel before 2Pm so we could change and
    get to GTG on time. Despite shortage of time we walked by Omega Boutique and of course had to stop in.
    Leo still convinced us to stop by in a specialty Swedish coffee shop (FIKA) and it was well worth it.

As you can see the sign at the restaurant stated "Watch Fanatics"......and until this day I have no idea
    who spilled the beans and told them this about us.....LOL ! ;--)
    There is not much I need to tell you about the GTG itself.......the pictures speak for themselves and
    ultimately you can be looking at these pictures as much as you want and read these GTG reports until
    cows come home....but trust me, you will NEVER appreciate the 'good times' until you actually make it to one !!

I would like to thank to all real watch fans that made it. I would also like to thank Janos from Yamron Jewelers
    in Naples who was kind to arrange the HSWA (Patek USA) visit on FRI and helped us to obtain a wonderful door prize
    (book 'Patek Philippe in America: Marketing the World's Foremost Watch') that was donated by Patek USA and the author John Reardon.

However, my VERY special "THANK YOU" goes to our Watch Talk Forum sponsors:
    Orbita that donated absolutely stunning triple-winder Avanti 3 that was made from high gloss Makassar wood & Carbon Fiber
    and BALL Watch USA that donated the newest edition of Ball Fireman. If you want to know how amazing were these
    prizes - just check the grinning faces of those lucky winners pictured above.

Hope to see more of you joining us at our next GTG !!!

========================================
    ....and in case you think this is fun & would like to join us next time - we will have a GTG #7 in Tampa this fall,
    (Nov 7th 2009) and will be in NYC again the weekend after Mother's Day next year - May 15th 2010 !

MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND YOUR MS OUTLOOK NOW !!
    Last edited by WatchFan1; 05-24-2009 at 09:32 PM.

Wallpapers & Technical Data - Rolex, PP, AP, Omega, Ball & Panerai on my hobbyist web page.
    .....CLICK HERE
    (Admin. Team Member - Patek Philippe Forum & Photography Forum Moderator)

My Watchbox

It is so nice to know that a common love for watches bring people from all walks of life together.

Those are great pictures. I especially like the shot where all watches are on the table. I wonder how much hard work was put into acquiring all of those nice pieces.

Looking forward to the text!

Thanks...
    The more you find out, the less you really know...you never really stop learning...- Keith Richards

Fender Telecaster 1957 Re-issue
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

WTF Veteran

My Watchbox

Nice work thanks for sharing.

My Watchbox

Real nice, Thanks

WTF Junior Member

My Watchbox

Milos (WatchFan1) did a great job again. Great seeing/meeting everyone!

Joel (joelmor)

My Watchbox

Default Amazing Photography Milos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amazing photography Milos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not just the photos, but the cool black and white effects on some of them.

Just Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Warmest regards,

Jake

(I'm done buying for a while...)

My Watchbox

Thank you very much for sharing your memories!
    Currently Own: 3 Omega Seamasters, 3 Rolex (15210 Oyster Perpetual Date, 116710LN GMT Master II, and 16613 TT Blue Submariner)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned WTF Veteran

My Watchbox

Sweet report as usual Tavarich....

It was great to meet up with old and new friends.

Specially great to see our long lost brother Larry...:)
    Last edited by Idle Swede; 05-21-2009 at 07:44 AM.

My Watchbox

Great report! Also your platinum patek watch is just looking better and better every time I see it! It is a real beauty!
    Rolex! A crown for every achievement!

Can't wait till next year Milos! Awsome pix, thanks so much for sharing the experience!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information