_____________The 2009 NYC GTG Report___ DAY 1 _______(pre-GTG activities)___________

WINNER OF THE ROLEX PHOTO COMPETITION

Panatime

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: _____________The 2009 NYC GTG Report___ DAY 1 _______(pre-GTG activities)___________

Exclamation _____________The 2009 NYC GTG Report___ DAY 1 _______(pre-GTG activities)___________

_____________The 2009 NYC GTG Report___ DAY 1 _______(pre-GTG activities)___________

THURSDAY - May 14th 2009

...after a minor delay due to a very windy weather we arrived to New York early THU afternoon.
    Leo's flight from So. Fl was even later so we waited for him a bit longer at the LGA airport.
    As you can see ...at least our cab from the airport knew to drive by some nice watch stores ;)
    As my friend Kevin and Leo arrived to the hotel, my another friend and Patek AD - Janos as well as another
    WTF member Bob ('twotone') were already at the hotel bar. At about 5 or 6 Bob head to leave but
    Chung Lee and his very nice friend Morgan joined us at the hotel bar as well.

Of course, it did not take too long and we decided to visit the famous Korean restaurant that was so
    popular after a big group of people went there last year. As you can see from the pictures - we were
    not disappointed. The food was absolutely fantastic (although we did not understand one word as CL
    was placing the order for our whole table in Korean language ... :D LOL !)
    Interesting thing is that I also played a phone tag with Greg (RJ007) the whole FRI afternoon without any success.
    He had to cancel his visit of the GTG on SAT as he had to leave the town abruptly due to his job. Finally
    late at night I told him that were were going to be having a dinner 'somewhere in Korean Town" but
    at the time of conversation I had no clue about the name or location of the place.

Wouldn't you know....during one of the cigarette breaks outside of the restaurant he just stumbled
    upon us right on the sidewalk !! What a luck ! He was with his friend Allison and Rama and they all
    immediately clicked with the rest of the group. Rama (not a member of any watch forum) had so much fun
    that he decided to visit the GTG on SAT instead of Greg....(and as you will see from my other report coming
    MON or TUE - it was a GREAT decision on his part....considering we had a raffle for door prizes and our
    WatchTalkForum sponsor Orbita was there

Unfortunately, Chung had to leave to catch the last train out of Manhattan, but the rest of the gang continued
    to party until late night....We had a blast.....and there is a reason why the dashboard of the taxi cab looked a little
    blurry to some on the way back to the hotel. Despite that, we still had a little chat at the hotel bar a retired
    fashionably late - as we always do every night during the GTG weekend.

The next day was a big day ! I was going to visit Henri Stern Watch Agency (Patek Philippe USA) for the
    first time & receive a royal treatment with a private tour, lunch with VP of sales, meeting the president of HSWA
    and playing with all Basel 2009 pieces. This was arranged for John and I by Yamron Jewelers, but unfortunately
    John had to cancel his visit of NY at the last minute.
    The visit was UNBELIEVABLE, but that is a subject for another day & another thread coming soon..

========================================
    ....and in case you think this is fun & would like to join us next time - we will have a GTG #7 in Tampa this fall,
    (most likely Nov 7th 2009) and will be in NYC again the weekend after Mother's Day next year - May 15th 2010 !

MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND YOUR MS OUTLOOK NOW !!
    Last edited by WatchFan1; 05-19-2009 at 11:41 AM.

Wallpapers & Technical Data - Rolex, PP, AP, Omega, Ball & Panerai on my hobbyist web page.
    .....CLICK HERE
    (Admin. Team Member - Patek Philippe Forum & Photography Forum Moderator)

My Watchbox

Thanks for the pics Milos.
    I hope I will make it next year again.
    Regards from Germany,
    Hannes

Nice photos and report Milos!

Hope to make it to a GTG one day!

My Watchbox

Awesome as always - looking forward to more pics!!

Cheers

(www.twitter.com/illuminatu5)

My Watchbox

Default Fantastic !!!

Thank you very much Milos ...

Brought back some good memories ...
    ~ All the best, David

~ Laugh Love & Live

WTF Veteran

My Watchbox

Thanks Milos.
    It looks as though you guys had a great time in the Big Apple.
    Unfortunatley I havn't made to the East Coast yet.

My Watchbox

Milos,

excellent photos!!! did anyone try the raw garlic?

-Nelson

Banned WTF Veteran

My Watchbox

Thank God someone was sober to take a clear cab shot...;);)

Leo, you are killing me :D :D

remember I said:
    We had a blast.....and there is a reason why the dashboard of the taxi cab looked a little
    blurry to some on the way back to the hotel.
    I was only trying to be nice and not naming any Scandinavians in particular
    Last edited by WatchFan1; 05-19-2009 at 11:45 AM.

Wallpapers & Technical Data - Rolex, PP, AP, Omega, Ball & Panerai on my hobbyist web page.
    .....CLICK HERE
    (Admin. Team Member - Patek Philippe Forum & Photography Forum Moderator)

Nice pics Milos! Can't wait to see the rest!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information