* * * * * * THIS SAT - NOV. 15 - Our 3rd annual GTG in Tampa is HERE !! * * * * * * *

WINNER OF THE ROLEX PHOTO COMPETITION

Panatime

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: * * * * * * THIS SAT - NOV. 15 - Our 3rd annual GTG in Tampa is HERE !! * * * * * * *

Exclamation * * * * * * THIS SAT - NOV. 15 - Our 3rd annual GTG in Tampa is HERE !! * * * * * * *

...as many of you know, we have started a trend in 2006 that brought many WIS
    from all around the world even closer. Some guys just jump in the car and get there,
    (some lucky ones just take a cab or subway)…but many have boarded the planes
    or crossed the oceans !

Not that GTG’s are something new, but I think that back in 2006 we started something very special.
    Something that brings this great watch enthusiasts community even closer and something that
    is actually ‘way’ beyond watches.
    I am glad that watches are my hobby ! Because of them I have
    met many great people whom I am proud to call my friends now !

What started innocently in fall of 2006 is now slowly but surely becoming a tradition.
    By now we had 2 nice autumn meetings in Tampa and two in spring that took place in New York.
    In-between these larger events several of us met in Las Vegas, London or Basel, but somewhat
    the FALL/TPA and SPRING /NYC meetings that are 6 months apart are becoming the events that we
    hope will become a part of your WIS calendar someday and we hope that these events will only grow.

“Our 3rd Annual Tampa GTG will be on SAT, November 15th 2008

While the GTG meeting itself is always on SAT from about 2/3 – 8 PM, we like to make the trip worth the while
    for those that come from further away. Many folks start gathering on THU or even earlier. Mid November is usually ‘perfect’
    when it comes to weather in Tampa bay area and I sure that beaches and beach bars will see their share of nice watches :D
    There WILL be ‘after GTG” activities on SAT night and for those who like NFL (or never even saw a game) – Buccaneers
    are playing at home on SUN. Make it a nice weekend in Florida!

Of course as time goes on, more details will follow, but for now at least you know…..’WE HAVE A DATE – NOV 15th”
    This event is open to ALL watch enthusiast (AND their family & friends) regardless of the watch brand or watch forum !

Again, we will have some nice door prizes and some lucky WIS will go home with a free BALL watch & ORBITA winder,
    because of the continuing support from those great companies. These GTGs are very special because of the support
    of our sponsors. I would like to thank Jeff Hess and the rest of the crew from Ball Watch USA for their continuing support
    of all of the GTG as well as Watch Talk Forums. John Brozek will be there as well with his goodies and his Rolex book and local
    Rolex dealer (Avantgold) will bring to show us a nice Rolex collection. Avantgold will donate also some door prizes....and most
    importantly provide us with off duty police officer for our protection ! !

Hope to see many old friends there and meet even more new ones !

Milos

PS: For those that never attended one, HERE are some pictures and reports.

PS: While I am staying out of organizing the accommodations, I made a phone call to THIS NICE HOTEL,
    and was asking about a "group rate". Regular price is $249 or $294 for Gulf of Mexico view.
    I was told that if at least 10 rooms are booked the rate could be $179 (or $219 for Gulf of Mexico view.)

Please register for this GTG by sending e-mail to: WatchFan1@hotmail.com
    Just a few days before the GTG, details about exact location will be e-mailed to you.
    However, registration is mandatory !! (when e-mailing me, please state the total number of attendees in your party)
    All the necessary details will be e-mailed the week of the event ONLY to those THAT REGISTER VIA E-MAIL .
    Last edited by WatchFan1; 11-12-2008 at 10:15 AM.

Wallpapers & Technical Data - Rolex, PP, AP, Omega, Ball & Panerai on my hobbyist web page.
    .....CLICK HERE
    (Admin. Team Member - Patek Philippe Forum & Photography Forum Moderator)

Banned WTF Full Member

My Watchbox

These Photos Make Me Want To Move!

Banned WTF Veteran

My Watchbox

Dee Gee's post over there only lasted a few minutes....

Forum Sponsor WTF Veteran diamondgirl's Avatar

My Watchbox

WTF and I don't mean this forum!!!!!!!

I posted over "there" on Rolex modern, Rolex vintage, Panerai (which was made a sticky) Omega and the Lifestyle forum. About an hour later there were all gone! ALL!

I am very mad right now.
    Last edited by diamondgirl; 10-02-2008 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Forgot to add mad faces!
    Steph

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be."
    - Douglas Adams

I appreciate you trying Steph......I 'really' do !!
    Sadly, it is just another proof & reminder that you guys probably will reconsider
    if you should continue support such a site after numerous slaps in the face

Wallpapers & Technical Data - Rolex, PP, AP, Omega, Ball & Panerai on my hobbyist web page.
    .....CLICK HERE

(Proudly banned from TZ & WUS :))

My Watchbox

Sorry to hear about those posts being deleted. That is completely unfair. Good God it truly is a regime over 'there'!! :mad:

~JB
    EON

Banned WTF Veteran

My Watchbox

Quote Originally Posted by diamondgirl View Post
    WTF and I don't mean this forum!!!!!!!

I posted over "there" on Rolex modern, Rolex vintage, Panerai (which was made a sticky) Omega and the Lifestyle forum. About an hour later there were all gone! ALL!

I am very mad right now.

It looks like the mods over there like Boston more than Tampa.....

Forum Sponsor WTF Veteran diamondgirl's Avatar

My Watchbox

I was told that it was because of "what happened" at the MAY NYC GTG?!?

Guess they don't realized that the reason everyone left was because we didn't like the attitude change there and not that we were pulled away or recruited. We are adults and can decide for ourselves where we like to hang our hats.
    Steph

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be."
    - Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by diamondgirl View Post
    I was told that it was because of "what happened" at the MAY NYC GTG?!?
    It seems to me that whoever told you that is an insecure and uninformed i***t who WAS NOT there
    and DOES NOT know any better.
    They still REALLY do think that it was a pre-meditated recruiting gig, huh ??
    They are so narrow-minded that they still do not see that WE FLED on our own.

...and it is sad that now they are preventing their members to enjoy the fun
    and camaraderie of fellow WIS at a GTG that is not tied to ANY brand or ANY forum.

.....CLICK HERE

My Watchbox

What happened at the May NYC GTG?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"You can't get where you're going by staying where you are!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information