History of the TAG Heuer Monaco..

Panatime
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Thunder1

Thread: History of the TAG Heuer Monaco..

My Watchbox

Default History of the TAG Heuer Monaco..

History of the TAG Heuer Monaco

Founded in 1860 by Edouard Heuer when he was just 20 years old, the eponymous company very quickly made a name for itself as a quality manufacturer of reliable and robust chronographs and timepieces contributing to watchmaking innovation with inventions like the oscillating pinion, still used today.

The connections to the worlds of sport and motor racing cars contributed to the growing success of Heuer. Among the milestones we can mention the first board chronograph for vehicles created in 1911 or the patented ”Mikrograph", the world's first stopwatch with a precision of 1/100 seconds in 1916.

In 1933 Heuer developed the first board watches for racing cars and in the same year the legendary stopwatch Autavia. Heuer’s pocket chronographs were selected as official stopwatches for several editions of the Olympic Games and other sport events.

History of the TAG Heuer Monaco | Time and Watches
    JustUhSecond likes this.
    Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...

My Watchbox

What a great movie 'LeMans' is...
    Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...

WTF Junior Member

My Watchbox

The Original Monaco with Caliber 11 developed by Heuer in collaboration with Breitling and Buren is arguably the first automatic chronograph. There is debate weather Zenith or Seiko developed their's first but the caliber 11 was the first mainstream automatic chrono in the US. Here is modern edition of the original...

from Heuer web site
    Last edited by tjc74; 03-27-2017 at 09:19 PM.

WTF Junior Member

My Watchbox

At the end of 1969 when the Monaco came out it was listed at US $220. It had the first Waterproof square case developed byErwin Piquerez

Super Moderator WTF Veteran
    (Love me some Hammy)

My Watchbox

The Cal. 11 can also be found in the Hamilton Chronomatic. Hamilton owned Buren at the time.

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/a-...ilton-and-more
    Watch Talk Forums Admin Team Member

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information