Seiko ASTRON SSE003J1 - wobbling stopwatch hand

WINNER OF THE JAPANESE & ASIAN WATCH FORUM PHOTO COMPETITION

Panatime
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Seiko ASTRON SSE003J1 - wobbling stopwatch hand

My Watchbox

Post Seiko ASTRON SSE003J1 - wobbling stopwatch hand

Hi,

couple of days ago, I bought Seiko ASTRON SSE003J1.

It is a nice piece, and I like it so far.

I have some kind of observation where I want to ask.

I have aligned the stopwatch (Chrono) hand to position 12 o'clock, according to the user guide. But I noticed that the stopwatch hand is somehow wobbling. When I click on the watch from any side (like 4 or 5 times clicking), it moves to the right or to the left by 1/5 or 2/5 part of the second. So, the stopwatch hand moves a bit in a margin of around 2/5 to 4/5 part of the second around the 12:00 axis with normal daily use.

However, the stopwatch functions normally... start stop and pause are all OK.

This results in having the stopwatch hand not exactly in the middle with my daily use.

I read in another thread that some one observed a similar symptom

link: forums.watchuseek.com/f21/new-astron-chrono-8x-series-please-post-pictures-comments-impressions-1210442.html

------

Re: New Astron Chrono 8X Series -- Please post pictures, comments and impressions

I have a 6.5 inch wrist and I have no problem with the new Astron.

Sadly, I sold it to buy something else, but I miss it so I'll likely buy it again. I just have to decide on whether I want SS or Ti.

The biggest problem I had with the Astron was the fact that it's impossible to center the chrono hand. You can manually adjust it to point right at the 12 marker but it inevitably falls 1/5 of a second to the right within minutes. I tested all the ones in stock, both is SS and Ti, and they all had the same issue. Looking at photos on line, I saw the same thing. I find that to be annoying in a 1800 to 2500 dollars watch.

In my particular case, the red tip hand made that even more visible.

------

For Astron 8X users, did you notice the same symptom (chrono hand is not staying exactly in the middle?)

Thanks,

Read more: Seiko ASTRON SSE003J1 - wobbling stopwatch hand | Wrist Watch Forums

My Watchbox

As the Seiko watches lover I have 9 pieces different models and two Astron.

About your observations - I checked twice and there is not such symptoms in my watches.
    Anyway during some meeting organized by Seiko in Poland las year, I heard something about similar problems.
    Regards
    Last edited by Spaceview M2; 01-06-2017 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Removed sales clickable link.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information