Oris is well known for its tie ins with motor sport, most noticeably the Williams F1 link, along with special series like the RAID and RUF LEs to name but two.
Joining this lineup of Motorsport themed watches is the new Artix GT Chrono, an all black number with a distinctive tachymeter scale on the bezel. An unusual touch is the seconds counter - a horizontal redline at the 9 o'clock position, different and I think very cool.
Here are some pics from Oris, and their official release notes:
The watch is powered by an automatic mechanical movement, with chronograph function and date. The two-piece dial, with a matt black dial ring and a Tachymeter scale, is directly assembled in the case with both minute and hour counters, along with applied indexes. An interesting addition is the Oris developed retrograde mechanism, which allows the small seconds to ‘grow’ like the RPM counter in a racing car.
The striking multi-piece stainless steel case adds enduring refinement, which catches the eye. Building on the sports theme, the bezel with black ceramic minute scale rotates in both directions and features a rubber coating for “good grip” and precision.
The unique chronograph design is underlined with seconds and hours at 12 and 6 o’clock and the special, smaller seconds display at 9 o’clock. A stunning example of Oris’ passion for watch design, the polished nickel hands are finished with Superluminova inlay, which stands out against the dark backdrop of the watch.
Water-resistant to 100m, the Oris Artix GT Chronograph is finished with a rubber strap and folding clasp, a fine balance between sport and elegance - a versatile timepiece for business or leisure.
Oris Artix GT Chronograph
Ref. No. 674 7661 4434 , Ø 44 mm
- Automatic mechanical movement ETA Cal. 7750 with Chronograph function and date
- Multi-piece stainless steel case
- Bezel with black ceramic minute scale, rotating in both directions, with rubber coated “good grip” profile on the outside.
- Two-piece dial; matt black dial ring with Tachymeter scale directly assembled to the case, minute and hour counters and applied indexes.
- Special small seconds display at 9 o’clock developed by Oris
- Polished Nickel hands with Superluminova inlay
- Sapphire crystal domed on both sides with anti-reflective coating inside
- Stainless steel screw-down case back, with see-through mineral glass
- Screw-in stainless steel crown and stainless steel pushers
- Water-resistant to 10 Bar / 100m
- Rubber strap with folding clasp