View Profile: Poseidon-Jim - WATCH TALK FORUMS

9 Visitor Messages

1. View Conversation
    Hi Jim, was wondering if you would mind giving me some advice or detail on a watch that I purchased some years ago. I was told at the time that it belonged to an officer in the French Foreign Legion for forty or so years. when he died it was given to a family member who saw no value in it and then it was sold to me. The watch is a Bessa Prestige and has all the markings of the FFL on it. I took it to TAG watches here in Australia who could find nothing on the watch to suggest it was anything other than genuine. I discoved on an old post of yours from 2011 that you had had some dealings with such a watch and was really hoping you may shed some light on whether they were a military issue or just a one off run to the FFL.
  2. View Conversation
    G'day mate. Well I finally got a 6105-8110. It was ebay for 599 or make an offer. So I offered 485 and got it straight away - - - should have offered 450. Its pretty average with some poxy engraving on the back but what do you do? Yehaa!! Now all I have to do is master posting pics. I'll send some on your other email, have no trouble doing that.
  3. View Conversation
    Hey Jim, Thank you for the message. I'm glad you enjoyed viewing the album. It's nice to know our watches are appreciated and comments like yours are always welcome. See you around in the forums
  4. View Conversation
    G'day Again, the course is at a stalemate, lack of brainpower versus to complicated questions. It is simpler to Google watches Ha Ha. As you are a guru on all things Seiko, can you advise me on what to look out for with 6139 - 7040's. I am thinking of trying to get one and don't want to get caught with a dud. There seems to be a lot of pretty good ones out there, some look in really good nick for 20 yr old watches.
    Cheers, and thanks in advance.
    Brian.
  5. View Conversation
    Hi Jim,

thank you for your kind message.
    Looking forward to see you in NEW York !!
  6. View Conversation
    I guess it's going great,

how's mR. Jimmy doing?
    I got my Yobokies Skx007 yesterday... I love the sapphire domed AR crystal. funny thing,
    the serial starts with 9D and ends in 5 just like my old 96 Skx...weird.. pics coming.
    Terry
  7. Jim - I can always count on you for sincere words of encouragement. We've got great members, a great Admin Team, and the Lord is blessing us greatly!!
  8. View Conversation
    Thanks Jim, and right back at you for helping out members with questions.
  9. Jim, I can not believe about what is going on at SCWF. You have my full support friend.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 9 of 9
About Poseidon-Jim

Basic Information

Date of Birth
June 29
About Poseidon-Jim
Biography:
First & Foremost, I'm a Christian & worship our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
I've been a Seiko Dive watch lover, collector & Hobbiest since 1980. I recieved my BSA Eagle Scout award just prior to my 18th birthday and was also taken into the Order of the Arrow, and Shortly After my HS graduation I enlisted into the USMC following a family heritage of Service and ESPRIT DE CORPS. I then entered into and earned my undergraduate College study and degree from the State University of New York.
(Semper Fi)
Interests:
Dive Watches, Scuba Diving, Firearms, Shipwreck Research, Tennis & Cycling, Mechanics & Music
Jack of all trades, Sales & Marketing

Statistics

Total Posts
Total Posts
Posts Per Day
Visitor Messages
Total Messages
Most Recent Message
04-22-2016 04:41 AM
General Information
Last Activity
12-17-2016 11:56 PM
Referrals

17 Friends

alton1
  2. Andy Chandra

BrianG

• Send a message via Skype™ to bullosa
    bullosa

byhsu
  6. GoDuke1

Stainless Steel Patron Member

GradyPhilpott
  8. hiro1963

Platinum Patron Member

HockeyBrand
  10. jgj5057
Showing Friends 1 to 10 of 17
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
<-- -->

ShowCase, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.